i'm a patient person

2:34pm

Mina's POV

Me: "Over here!" I wave at him as I see him searching for my face in the menswear area. He earlier decided to put on his mask to cover his mouth, so he won't be easily pointed out by fans.

He's so cute. Deciding on gloves for each other is a wonderful idea. Well, originally he just wanted to buy some for me, but I'd like to gift him something as well. I told him to think of is as an early Christmas present. Or a way-too-late-one.
I chuckle silently. He probably did not come up with that cute idea himself. Maybe he got a little help just like I did.

For him, I picked a beautiful pair of dark green leather gloves. I just figured they will suit him best in terms of manliness and fashionability. Plus, they are practical, comfortable and match his Converse. I made sure to look closely at the size, because compared to mine, his hands are huge, almost twice as big. Even though I don't have tiny delicate Korean hands.

Not wanting him to worry about their pricing, I already paid them and removed the price tag, so he won't complain for me to buy something in that price range. Even though I would scold myself as well, since I gasped a little after the cashier told me how much they are. But whatever, there goes half of my Nintendo Switch. I probably would have invested it in BTS merchandise one day or another.

As he found the row I was standing in, I tried to look very busy, scooping through the products displayed on the shelf, making sure to hide the paper bag out of his sight.

Me: "Did you find something?" I ask him while looking at the suspiciously obvious looking paper bag in his hands.

JHope: "Yup, I just paid them." He removed the mask from his mouth as he's searching for my hands. "What's that behind your back?" He quickly takes some steps around me, but I turn away with every move of his.

Me: "Hehe, you will get to see them later. I mean, you told me I will need them for something, so you will probably need them later, too." I glance up at him, smiling at my little victory. Having revealed my little secret, I decide to show him my bag as well. I mean, he knows what's inside, but I'm curious about the ones that he chose for me.

JHope: "Hungry?"

Me: "Starving."

I just wanted to ask him that myself, but I'm glad he did first. He just knows how to take care of others.

2:58pm

Once having pointed out too many opportunities to eat at the centre, we decided to search for something simpler and not so overwhelming outside. After walking for five minutes, we found a small restaurant, that offered different dishes with meat, noodles and rice, but also promoted his versatile vegetarian menu. I chose to eat some bulgogi, anyway.

Hobi insisted on paying the whole bill, but I made a deal with him that I get to pay the drinks and he will take care of the food. He was not that pleased about the idea, however changed his mind after I reminded him about the fact, that I don't want him to feel used since he is an idol and it's okay because I make my own money. Despite of this being a date after all.

Nonetheless, I had to promise him to not insist on paying anything else for the rest of the day, because he would feel bad and did not fulfil his duties of a man.

Me: "But you brought me flowers and picked me up from home! Isn't that manly enough for you?" I giggle approvingly.

JHope answered in a rather serious tone: "That is like the bare minimum and the essential step that is necessary to even just being allowed to take a beautiful woman like you on a date." He lowers his head at the last part, glancing up to me.

Did..did he just call me beautiful? I blush, my cheeks dyeing in a deep reddish tone. Was he serious or should I laugh it off? I cup my face as I look down, trying to hide my embarrassment.

JHope: "I, uh, I mean, that's what my Namjoo- uh Rapmonster told me. He is one of the reasons I decided to bring you flowers." He smiles sheepishly as I look up. "Oh! Only the Idea of doing so. Deciding on sunflowers was my idea." He said proudly before turning his sheepish smile into something brighter than the sun that caused my awkwardness to radiate away.

Me: "Please tell Namjoon it was a lovely Idea and I am glad the person who delivered them is such a handsome and caring young man." I giggled, a little impressed at my ability to shift the embarrassment to his side of the table, as I notice his cheeks turning pink at the word 'handsome'. Hihihi I did it. I subtly complimented him.

JHope: "I'm happy my charm caught you, this will make it easier for me to apologize for my behaviour on Saturday!" He motivationally raises his voice a little, getting up from his chair, ready to leave the restaurant. "Are you coming, Milady?"

Me: "I can literally feel the effort you're putting into this day, I will follow your lead, Milord."

JHope: "Right away." He says in English while holding the door open for me. I turned around to wave the waitress goodbye as I step out the door. His accent is so cute. My hearteu.

3:29pm

JHope's POV

Mina: "Again? Aw come on, you made such a big secret out of the gloves. Can't you at least give me a hint about what you're going to do with me?" Well, if you ask me like that, many things pop into my mind.

Me: "Nope. I told you already. But if you really want to know-," I tilt my head in her direction, my eyes still fixed on the street, "call me Hoesok-oppa first!" I somehow enjoy teasing her a little too much. But it somehow feels natural with her.

Mina: "Nope, if that's the case, I will wait. I'm a patient person."

Me: "Oh is that so?" I laugh at her attempt to stay strong. I kind of understand now why Suga always has that attitude. It really can be fun to tease people while watching their expressions change. He was right about that.

We originally did not have to drive for a long time, since the Hyatt is not far from the shopping centre Jin suggested, but we got caught up in the traffic a little and I may have taken a wrong turn. Oops.

Mina however played it cool. As soon as she realised the traffic started packing up, she connected her phone to my car and we started jamming together to some hits of the Backstreet Boys, JayZ and some of BTS.
She's part of ARMY after all and I truly like that about her. Also, that she was not afraid of showing it, yet not fangirling too much about sitting next to me. She just treats me naturally and more like the guy behind JHope. The next stop for our date is something fun. Of course, Tae, Kookie and Jimin had the idea of taking her there.

4:21

Mina's POV

Me: "Sorry I fell asleep, your seat was just too comfortable. Therefore, it's not my fault, so you must forgive me. Thank you and good morning!" I stretch my body after stepping out of his car and making sure to take the paper bag with me.

JHope: "You only slept for ten minutes, right after your playlist decided for us to listen to 'Rain'." He grinned at me. "Don't you want to look at where we are?" Hobi shut the door and checked to see if it's locked, before approaching me to show me the way to the entrance he was talking about.

I gasp in excitement. It's been over more than two years since I've done this, but now I realize why I need the gloves. I hope I won't embarrass myself in front of him. I'm a rather clumsy person.