Chapter 12 - "I just ate a cricket."

"Okay, on the count of three and you can't chicken out," Sky said. She eyed Marcos. "One, two, three."

Knox, Marcos, and Sky put food into their mouths and chewed. Marcos chewed once before swallowing quickly and making a face while Knox chewed a few times and swallowed. Sky tried not to laugh at the expression on Marcos's face as she calmly chewed and then swallowed.

"That was awful," he complained between drinks of coca cola.

"It wasn't that bad," she said.

"I just ate a cricket. For all I know, its jumping around in my stomach trying to get out," Marcos said. He grabbed a street taco and shoved the whole thing in to his mouth.

"I always try to get him to eat weird things when we are on tour but he always chickens out," Knox said. He grabbed a street taco for himself. Sky caught Manny's attention behind the counter and signaled for more tacos.

"What's the craziest thing you have tried?" she asked Knox. He thought about for a moment, finishing off the taco.

"Probably what I ate in Japan. It was some sort of underwater animal. I can't remember the name." He wiped his hands with a napkin. "It was weird though. Jelly like and slimy. I took one bite but that was enough for me. How about you?"

"Probably fish eyes. Manny over here is always offering me weird food to eat," she said. She nodded her head towards the overweight middle aged man behind the counter. "How about you Marcos?"

"Before today," he said, throwing a disgusted look at the plate of cooked crickets, "sushi."

"Sushi? You really aren't an adventurous eater," she said.

"If hamburger and fries were alright for our founding fathers then they are alright for me," Marcos said.

Sky had watched Knox and Marcos try to hide their disbelief when she had signaled for their ride at the port. There were few taxis and if you were able to find one, you spent your years salary to get to where Sky wanted to go. Instead of taxis, there were small motor bikes pulling carts behind them.

"I won't fit," Marcos said. Suspiciously eyeing the rickety looking cart.

"No, it will be fine," Sky said. She climbed into the cart.

The cart was made out of wood and had two benches facing each other. There was a metal frame that rose above it. In stormy weather the driver would attach plastic for some shelter from the rain.

"Come on." She waved for Knox and Marcos to join her. She watched as they looked from each other to the cart and then to her. "No, it's fine, you don't have to come. Bianca and the other girls are expecting you anyways," she added playfully.

Knox shook his head and climbed up into the cart. Marcos reluctantly followed.

"My muscles fill constricted," he said as the cart lurched forward. His shoulders were pulled forward as he tried to keep his arms in the cart.

"I think that's your shirt," she said.

"You're jealous," Marcos countered. He flexed his muscles. "Bam!" He struck a pose.

"Ahh my eyes," she yelled. She covered her eyes and laughed.

"Marcos likes to show off for the ladies," Knox chuckled.

"Really? I couldn't tell," Sky said.

The motor bike hit a pot hole and the cart jumped, sending the three of them into the air.

"What's life without a little adventure?" she said, with a smile when all three of them had returned all body parts back in to the cart.

"A good thing," Marcos grumbled. He gave up and sat on the floor between the two benches.