Chapter 33 - "I don't want to cause any problems."

Knox was sitting across from Calvin in the VIP lounge, reading over the resumes of three people Calvin had setup interviews with, to fill the Promotional Manager job. They needed someone by the end of the week. Calvin was insisting he pick someone.

He had performed in Miami the night before and today he was flying to San Francisco where he would start his slow trip down the west coast.

The crowd waiting for him at the airport had been similar to the one waiting for him when he had landed for the cruise. He couldn't help but look around, knowing that last time, Sky hadn't been too far away.

He could feel eyes on him and he looked up to see a pair of girls looking his way. His glance seemed to embolden them and they started to walk over.

"Hi," he said, as they took a seat next to him.

"Hey," the girl closest to Knox said. "Can we get a picture?"

"Sure," he said. He grabbed Calvin's attention and handed him the girls phone as they got on either side of them.

"Thank you so much!" the other girls said.

As the girls left, Knox realized Marcos had been gone longer then was necessary. He was about to mention it to Calvin when he heard Marcos' loud voice. He turned to see Marcos walking towards him with the biggest grin on his face. Before he could ask why he was so excited, he stepped aside to reveal Sky.

"Sky!" he said, completely speechless.

"Surprise!" she said. She held her arms out, a silly smile on her face. He froze as he tried to wrap his head around the situation. The last month had been so busy, he hardly had time to think about her. Now she was standing in front of him.

"What are you doing here?" he asked. He felt like he could barely form a whole sentence. His mind was spinning from the shock. He didn't know what to say.

"I can go, if you want," she joked.

"No. Sorry, I'm just in shock. Don't go," he said. He pulled her in for a hug. With his arms wrapped tightly around her, some of the shock disappeared and he felt more like himself as she pulled away.

"Here, sit, is your flight leaving soon?" he asked.

"No," she said. She sat.

"How did this happen?" he asked. He studied her smile and the way her eyes lit up. Everything about her was better then he had remembered.

"I just got off the ship. I am actually heading home for a long break," she explained. "I showed up at the airport and ran into some of your fans, again. Have I told you how charming they are?

"I spotted Marcos and followed him into a store and complimented him on his shirt to muscle ratio."

Knox could feel his smile getting bigger as she told her story. He didn't hold back his laugh. "You shouldn't be encouraging him," he joked. "I've been giving him bigger shirts for months, hoping he gets the hint."

She laughed. "I was actually worried I missed you," she said, more seriously. "Everyone started screaming right after I got through security so I just waited. I figured you would eventually make it through the crowd but then the screaming died down and I wasn't sure where you were. It was just luck that I saw Marcos. Well, I guess luck and his bulging muscles."

"I go through a private security to help make it go fast," he explained. "And you just got off the ship?" Now that the shock was subsiding he wanted to know everything.

"Yup. I'm headed home for a few months before my start my next contract."

"That's great. How are you? Hows life? Hows work? Tell me everything?" He couldn't slow the questions, sensing the limited time he had with her.