Chapter 30 - "No!"

Sky held on to Knox's hand as she led him along the dark deck, to the front of the ship. The sky was still black, but the air held a soft glow from the lights coming from inside the ship. They had docked in Miami towards the end of the party and they could see the lights from the Miami skyline off to their left.

"Have you ever seen a sunrise from the front of a ship?" she asked, when they were as close to the front of the ship as they could be.

"I haven't."

"Well, it's a good thing you got me, because it isn't something that should be missed."

"I guess I'm lucky then."

Sky could just make out half of Knox's smile, the other half in shadow. There was a warm, quiet breeze ruffling their clothes and hair.

"Over the course of my in depth research trying to find the best spot to watch the sunrise, I have found this is the best," she said, dragging a lounge chair closer to the edge.

"I think that statement needs another opinion. I guess I'll just have to see for myself." Knox sat and pulled Sky down with him. She moved back, resting the back of her head on his chest. She smiled when he extended his hands and she laced her fingers through his.

"Did you have fun at the party?" she asked.

"Oh, you know, as much fun as one can have while being hunted by a pack of wild dogs."

She laughed, his answer surprising her. "It couldn't have been that bad."

"Have you met Bianca? She introduced me to her family like we were announcing our engagement next week. I got dragged onto the dance floor and into the photo booth, which I usually try to avoid."

"The dance floor or the photo booth?"

"The photo booth. The dance floor is like my second home."

"Oh really?" Sky asked, surprised.

"Some people think my voice is my greatest talent but it's really my dance moves," Knox joked. "Just you wait,  I'll take you dancing and show you my moves."

"Does Marcos like to bust a move also?" she asked, keeping the conversation moving, not giving his talk about the future a second thought.

"That would be a negative. He is usually the solid statue in the middle of the dance floor people have to move around."

"How about Calvin?"

"Wouldn't know."

"Tell me more about Calvin," Sky said, "He seems like an interesting character."

"Marcos and I joke that he is really a secret agent on his time off," Knox laughed. "He's a good manager. He keeps things professional, which can be tricky in this business. He tells it as it is and doesn't sugar coat things."

"Sounds intense."

"It was, in the beginning, but then I got use to it. Now it is one of the main reasons I love having him as my manager. He helps keep things logical and business like."

"And Marcos is the court jester."

"When he isn't stressing out about a security problem he is known to tell a joke or two."

Sky smiled. She could feel her eyes getting tired and she couldn't help feel sleepy snuggled close to Knox. But she liked hearing more about his life and the people in it. She tried to shake away the drowsiness and sat up straighter.

"And has it been like that since the beginning?" she asked.

"No. In the beginning he was more distant and professional, but you go through a few crazy situations and it forces you to become friends.