Chapter 32 - "I have a plane to catch."

Knox tried to stop his legs from shaking as he sat, perched on the edge of the hotel bed, but he couldn't make them stop. In one hand he held is cell phone. In the other, a crumpled piece of paper he had been carrying around for the last month.

He had hit the ground running after he had left the cruise, filling every day of those two weeks, trying to accomplish everything that needed to be done before the tour started. He had sat through countless meetings with Calvin and his tour manager Ryan, working out details until they were satisfied.

There were a few lose ends, but nothing they couldn't handle while on tour. He had spent days rehearsing with the band. Working with the new stage. When opening night had come, he realized how much he had missed touring. From the buzz of excitement to the smiles on his fans' faces to the feeling of singing to thousands of people, Knox felt like he was back where he belonged.

But he couldn't help missing Sky. It would be simple things that would remind him of her and it always surprised him. He always got as far as dialing her number, but there was always reason he never hit call.

He was going to be playing his home town of Philadelphia in a few hours. He was excited to see his parents and Grant. They were going to meet him at the show and then they would go out to celebrate after, probably at their usual spot, Hector's.

Knox had been trying to remember the last time he had been to Hector's when he had met Marcos at the hotel restaurant. They were grabbing lunch and when the waiter highly recommended the Philly Cheese Steak, Knox ordered it. It wasn't until he was returning back to his room when he thought of Sky.

She had asked him if he had ever eaten a Philly Cheese Steak because he was from Philadelphia. She had been so surprised when he said he hadn't. His first thought was to call her. Tell her he had officially tried a Philly Cheese Steak.

He had his phone and her number in his hand. His finger hovered over the call button when there was a sharp knock on his door. He looked up and then back at the phone, wondering if the interruption was for the best.

He threw his phone back on his bed as he moved to open the door.

Sky had wanted to end things clean at the end of the cruise. Knox had come to terms with that. But there was still a part of him wondering, what could have happened if they had decided it was worth it, to steal a few minutes of conversation here or there, until they had enough time to meet up in person.

It was this curiosity that made him keep typing her number into his phone but it was all her reasoning that kept him from pressing call.

"Hey Calvin," he said, leaving the door open as he walked back towards the bed.

"I just wanted to go over the pre-show details," Calvin said, following him into the room, but refusing to sit. "I have everything for your family in place, they will be meeting us there. Ryan will take care of them. We have some interviews to do before the show, but that shouldn't take long. After the show, a car will be waiting. Tomorrow morning we have a radio interview at six and a morning talk show at nine. We will leave directly from there for New York.

"We have four shows there. You're performing on GMA and Live. We will be making the rounds of the usual talk shows. Then we head to Connecticut. Tomorrow on the way to New York, I'd like to show you some resumes for some possible candidates for your new promotional manager. Ryan and I have both looked over them. If you agree I can start setting up interviews."

"That sounds good. Let's also find sometime to fit in a Twitter Q&A this week," Knox said. "We haven't done one this week. Can you also check with Ryan and make sure film crew is getting enough shots of the band. Also have him let them know that the best time to catch me this week for an interview would be on the bus tomorrow."