Chapter 24 - "I guess that doesn't sound too bad."

"Hello beautiful," Elias said, coming to sit next to Sky in one of the chairs in the front row of the theater.

"Hey Elias," she said with a smile. "Aren't you suppose to be up on stage?"

"Well, you see, I usually hold the spot of lead singer, but it seems like someone highjacked my role!" Elias said outraged, scowling at Knox up on the stage.

"So he stole your band?"

"Exactly, and in most cases I would charge up there and demand them back, but it's not so bad with a pretty girl to keep me entertained."

"Who said anything about keeping you entertained?" Sky asked, giving Elias a mischievous look.

"Well, I was just thinking, you're good looking and I'm good looking..."

"So we should play some cards?" Sky asked innocently, holding up a deck of playing cards.

"Exactly," Elias said.

"Go fish?"

"I was thinking more along the lines of poker," he said, a playful look in his eyes.

"And I'll stop you right there before you get carried away and say something you'll regret," she said. "I am a lady after all."

She pulled the cards out of the box and shuffled them.

"I would never imply you were anything other then a lady," he said, holding his composure together.

"And not a lady in the sense that your fans are ladies," Sky clarified and Elias laughed.

"Can we get the volume up on the left mic?" Knox called out from the stage.

Sky had met him and the band members of Last Call at the theater after dinner. On the last night of the cruise, Knox was having a big concert and the band was not only opening for him but stepping in to be his back up band. They had received the set list before the cruise but now it was time to run through the songs and work out any problems that arose.

Sky put down the cards and moved towards the stage, unclipping her radio from her pocket.

"Hey Garrison, can we get the volume turned up on the third mic?" she asked into the radio and waited for an answer.

"Sure," a fuzzy voice came through the radio.

"Try that," Sky said, to James who was standing by the mic.

"Check one, two. Check, one, two," he said and his voice filled the auditorium.

"That's good," Knox said, slinging an acoustic guitar over his head. Sky watched as he started to turn the nobs on it.

"What are you doing?" she asked, hopping up on the stage, her game of Go fish with Elias momentarily forgotten.

"Tuning the guitar," he said distractedly, his focus on an electrical board on the ground where different colored lights were moving around.

He looked up at her.

"You wanna tour of the stage?" he asked.

He removed the guitar from his shoulder and placed it on a stand.

"Sure but only if it isn't going to get in the way of rehearsal."

"Come on, we are still waiting on Patch to show up," he said. "These are the..."

"Drums," Sky volunteered and he gave her a smile.

"Impressive."

"I will remind you I was in fourth grade band," she said haughtily.