Settling In

Roman's lips curl into a smile as he hears my name. I frown at him, dully. He clears his throat and speaks, "Well, it's nice to meet you......Virgin-"
        "Roman-" Logan grimaces.
         I keep myself from kicking him in the shin and walk over to Patton. "So, show me to my room?" I ask him.
         "Oh, yeah! Your's is the first one to the right," He smiles and gestures to it, "I guess you were the 'right' fit."
        "My apologies, Virgil," Logan says, apologizing for all their actions.
        "Nah, it's just like highschool, but...I'm living in it," I open the door a crack before kicking it open.
        The room must've been painted years ago because the purple seemed to be dull. I sigh and set my stuff by the bed. Good thing it's my private hiding hole. I pull out my clothes and messily put them in the dresser. Pulling out my school supplies, I set them on the dusty desk.
          I pull out blankets and lay them across my new mattress. Black and purple. My normal theme of colors since middle school. Tossing on some pillows, I listen to the three people outside my room. It sounds like hushed conversations. They're talking about me.
         Shaking my head and rubbing my face, I try to shake off the bad thoughts. Yet, I walk over to the door and hide behind it, listening to their conversation. "I mean, he isn't what I expected," Logan states to the others in his somewhat monotonous voice.
         So, they are talking about me. Fantastic. "Hey! Never expect else someone out of someone you've barely met, Logan," Patton joyously tells him with a pat on the shoulder.
        "Yeah, Teach," Roman spats with his accent, "Don't judge a book by its cover. That's something you should know very well,"
       Logan sighs and rubs his forehead before looking back up to them, "I know, I know. It's just that, he seemed like an intellectual like me-"
        I step out of the hallway and close my door behind me. They all jump and look at me, "What? Did you expect something?" I scoff to them,"Just gotta put my toiletries away,"
         "I'll help you out," Patton smiles and rushes over to me, leading him to the bathroom.
         I follow in after him, looking off to the side, "Sorry about whatever you heard. Logan can be kind of...cynical at first."
         "I get it," I shut him down, opening the medicine cabinet, "It's fine,"
         "Virgil," he goes to reach for me but I back away, so he sets his hands at his sides, "I'm sorry that you overheard us. If you want to move out, you can. Just stay for a few days and maybe figure out how you feel about staying here."
       I sigh and shove my hands into my pockets, "Look, I don't mind it. I'm still going to stay here,"
      "Really?" He perks up, smiling brightly.
      "Really Really," I head out of the bathroom and notice the two others have moved to different places in the building.
       I head over to Logan, the tallest of the three, to ask "So, When do I pay the bills and stuff like that?"
       "When they come," he looks down to me and closes his book, "If you also mean how, you'll be putting in 25% to the bills. If you need food, buy it or steal, I mean, take it from the cabinets in fridge just be sure to replace it if it goes out."
       I nod in response then head into the kitchen. The flamboyant man seemed to have made his way to the kitchen after finishing his conversation with Logan and is now making himself...a vegetarian sandwich..? "What the hell is that?" I raise an eyebrow at his odd sandwich.
        "It's veggie and hummus," He smiles smugly to himself and glances to me, "And that?"
        Holding a bag of cheese and two tortillas, I look him in the eyes, "soon, a messy pizza."
        "How..?"
        "Quesadilla and ketchup,"
        He looks disgusted as I smirk up to him, "Why?"
        "It's easier than making an actual pizza and I'm lazy," I put the  uncooked quesadilla in the microwave and start it.
        "That's...despicable."
        "Despicable Me," I shrug and he gasps.
        "Are you...not a Disney fan?"
        "I'm a movie fan, not specifically Anti-Disney."
        He sighs in relief, "Thank god,"
        "Do you only watch Disney Movies here?" I pull the quesadilla out of the microwave and grab the ketchup.
       "Most of the time, yes."
       "Do you guys even watch horror?"
       "Not really," he says as he looks uneasy, "Patton doesn't like it too much,"
       "Uhuh, okay," I pour some ketchup on the plate and dip a slice of quesadilla in it.
      "Yeah, so have fun with...that," he gestures to my quesadilla and saunters off to his room.
       I've met all my new roommates, somewhat. They all seem...eccentric. Logan seems the more intelligent one, but like a mom friend. I might die if I told him that. Patton is more of a caring dude with a giddy personality. I think I like him the most. Now, Roman. What is he? A real life prince? No, if he was, he'd be even more of a numskull and wouldn't even be here. He might be my least favorite. Well, I will have to grow to somewhat like them all since I'm living here for college.

{A/N: @ everyone yelling at me for making Despicable Me Pixar. I haven't really watched it recently and I write when I usually have no internet for sources so it's changed now.}