Its The Most Dreaded Time of The Year

I watch the snow fall from the window. Winter time has begun and the holidays have started. It's December 23rd and Logan is packing up to visit his parents. I can hear Patton crying to him as he packs up.
      I look down the hall and see Patton standing outside the door, hugging a plush. "Do you really have to go?" Patton whines, not wanting Logan to leave.
      "Yes, I do. My parents would love to see me for a week for Christmas," Logan sighs and starts down the hallway with a suitcase.
       "Loooowwggyy," Patton grabs the suitcase.
       "Patton, please hand back my-"
       The conversation stops and I peek over the corner. Patton and Logan are making out in the hallway, the smaller one up against the wall. Logan drops his suitcase and holds Patton's face. Patton starts to smile into the kiss and I turn away from them.
      Couples. Patton even put up a mistletoe this year and I've been avoiding it this whole month by leaving through the garage. I look back out the window to watch the snowfall. This is probably my favorite thing about about Winter. It's probably one of my favorite seasons if the holidays we're here.
      I sigh and look back down the hall again. Stiiilll kissing. "So," I clear my throat to get their attention, "we have a mistletoe for a reason,"
      Logan pulls away slowly and looks over at it, "well at least I don't exit that way."
       Patton pouts and continues to hug Logan's waist. "Patt-" Logan gets interrupted by Patton hugging him, hiding his face in his chest.
       Logan looks to me and I shrug before he looks down to Patton. "I can't stay...so maybe," Patton looks up to Logan as he speaks, "you can come with?"
      "Really?!" He brightens up like light bulb being turned on.
      I blink. But that means..."Logan no. If both of you go, Roman and I are going to fight to the death," I comment, crossing my arms as I lean against the edge of the hallway.
      They both look at me, then to each other, and back at me. "I'll get my things," Patton says in response, running to his room.
      "Wh-Hey! You guys are suppose to be on my side!" I yell, glaring at Logan.
      "This might be the best for you two. You two need to talk more and figure out why you two hate each other." Logan picks up his suitcase and nudges his glasses in place, "It's for the best."
      I grit my teeth, my voice going gruff, "How long are you going to be there?"
      "A week and a half at most."
      I sigh and bite at my thumb as Patton runs out of his room with a backpack full of stuff. "I'm ready. Oh-Yours and Roman's presents are in my room from both of us. We'll get ours when we come back," Patton tells me before hugging me and heading out with Logan.
      The door closes after them and I fall onto the couch. Thanks Patton and Logan. You just want me to implode, don't you? What great friends you are. I'll just wallow in my own misery then.

                      • • •

        Snacking on cheeze-its, I watch buff idiot man bring his scaredy friends into haunted places. That's right. Ghost Adventures. It feels nice to have the place by myself. Just me and my ghost shows.
       Then the door gets thrown open. I groan and rest my head back. "Honey, I'm home!" Roman cheers and walks in, nose and cheeks flushed from the winter weather.
       "Hey, bitch," I gripe and shove another cheeze-it in my mouth.
       "Rude," He sets down bags on the counter and shuffles off his coat.
      I rest an arm over the couch and look at him, waiting until he notices anything strange. Humming 'Me Inside of Me', he doesn't notice a thing. "Where were you?" I ask, watching him put stuff away from one bag.
      He looks to me and smiles, "getting groceries and hanging out with friends."
      I nod and look to the tv, where Zak and Aaron are screaming because of a ghost. "What are you watching..?" Roman asks cautiously.
     "Ghost Adventures," I answer before shoving more snacks into my mouth.
     He leaves me alone after that, so I can enjoy my show and snacks. He finishes in the kitchen and heads down to hallway before coming back out. "Where are Patton and Logan?" He finally asks the million dollar question.
      "They....went to Logan's parents place," I pause and look him dead in the eyes, "for a week and a half."
      "No," he mumbles, resting a hand on his chest.
      "Yes, they thought this would be a splendid idea. Call them and they'll say that."
      He frowns and calls them, leaving the room. I look back to the tv to see the two others working with different equipment. Yet, I'm not focusing on that. What can Roman and I do that won't stir up bickering? Nothing really. We bicker just for the hell of it. We are complete opposites so that's what we do.
        He walks back out, talking on the phone with irritation. I watch him as he paces around and gestures widely. He sighs and hangs up after a bit. "It is true. They left us because they thought it'd be a fantastic idea to have us here together alone and talk," he tells me and I nod.
      "Yeah. I know," I respond dully.
      "Sooo," He rings his hands then rubs the back of his neck, "what do you want to do?"
      "Just chill out at home...watch tv."
      "That's no fun."
      "To me it is,"
      He scoffs at me and rubs his forehead, "Maybe we could go...ice skating?"
      "Seriously?" I've never gone ice skating before, but I've heard you fall a lot.
      "Yeah! I could teach you and you can curse me out whenever you fall."
      "Sounds like a deal," I get up and stretch, "I'll get dressed."
      "Yeah, it's a bit chilly out there,"
      "I didn't notice," I set the cheeze-it's on the counter and head to my room.
      I slip off my pajamas and look through my drawers. Ice skating can't be that bad, can it? I've never gone roller skating either so I don't know the basics. I slip on my black jeans after pulling on a dark olive sweatshirt. Topping my outfit off with a beanie and black carhartt jacket, I head out to see Roman fiddling with his phone, probably texting someone.
       I clear my throat and he looks up, quickly putting his phone away. "Ready, Gremlin?" He asks, smirking at me while crossing his arms.
      I roll my eyes and head to him near the door, "Yeah, let's just go-"
      I notice him looking up at the ceiling. I don't even need to look up to know what he's looking at. "Mistletoe," He says and looks down to me.
      At this point, Roman has kissed me three times. Drunken kiss, CPR, and kissing me on the cheek during truth or dare. Patton told him to kiss everyone, so he decided to kiss us all on the cheek. Yet, I don't know if I should kiss him back or let him not kiss me under the mistletoe.
       He leans in and I hold up two fingers for him to kiss instead. I sneakily take a picture and shove my phone away into a pocket. I move my fingers away and cross my arms at the oblivious prince. He smiles to me and heads out to to the car with me following after.
      I hop into the familiar passenger side as he starts up the sleek white vehicle. He told me he named it Chariot, so it could be his 'Prince Chariot'. It's so dumb, but funny. He drives off and Oh Wonder comes on. That's different.
      "So where are our presents from them?" Roman asks, watching the road.
      "They're in Patton's room. Knowing him, you can't open them until Christmas," I tell him and he groans in response.
      "I know. I hate it. I just want my presents."
      Presents. Fuck. "Is the Ice rink in the mall?" I fiddle with my earbuds in my pocket.
     "Yeah," he gives me a smirk then a mocking tone, "What? Didn't get us our gifts?"
     "Yes."
     "Oh," he gasps, looking uneasy that He made fun of me.
     "I don't have easy access to the mall, Princey,"
     "Yeah, you don't have a set of wheels like mine."
     I scoff at him, "I don't care for driving when you can walk with your feet and legs,"
     "You get places faster with cars though."
     I shake my head and he pulls into a parking spot at the mall. Hopping out after turning the car off, he sighs happily which sends steam into the winter air. I following him in as he says, "We'll go skating first then get gifts. Sound good?"
    I nod, "sounds good. If I'm not broken afterwards."
    He chuckles and shakes his head at me, "You'll hurt tomorrow, not today."
    "Thanks for the advice, Prince Disgusting."