Christmas Miracle

I rolled out of bed and hit the floor. Merry Christmas, I thought to myself as I groaned on the floor. I get up and toss my blankets up on my bed. I check my phone and see it's 5:36 am. That's..pretty early. I sorely walk out of my room and head into the kitchen.
      I ruffle my hair as I look around the kitchen. Breakfast needs to be special. Pancakes? Cinnamon roll pancakes. I run and grab my computer before setting it on the counter. I search up the recipe and pull out ingredients and bowls. I grease up the pan with butter before shoving my earbuds in, blasting a playlist of my favorite songs.
       I dance around the kitchen as I mix the ingredients together. I stir swiftly, humming along to 'Oh Ms.Believer'. I pour a bit mix onto the pan and set the bowl aside. I sway in place, the song giving me major Christmas vibes.

       I finish cooking the pancakes and set out the plate on the counter which faces the living room. I see the presents under the tree and smile faintly. That's why Sleeping Beauty is sleeping in, unlike usual. Wait, what? Shut up, mind. Yeah, he might be kind of attractive and handsome...
      Shaking my head, I clean up the mess it made before heading into my room and grabbing my gift for Roman.
        I don't know if he already has this, but I'm hoping he doesn't. I put the gift under the tree and turn off my music, shoving my ear buds in my pocket. I go to Roman's room and knock on the door, "Roman, wake up. Breakfast is ready."
       I hear a groan and a tired voice speak back, "be out in 5, Virge,"
      I feel myself smile, "Okay, hopefully it's not cold in 5."
      I head to the kitchen and pull out plates along with two mugs. I fill the mugs with water before warming them up in the microwave. Grabbing the cocoa powder and marshmallows, I get ready to make hot cocoa. I pull the mugs out when the microwave chimes. Pouring powder and marshmallows in, I hum quietly so Roman won't catch me actually humming.
      I set them by the plates and sit on a stool as Princey walks out, rubbing his eyes. Slowly he opens his eyes when he smells the cinnamon. "Are those..?" He asks, sitting beside me quickly.
      "Cinnamon roll pancakes? Yes, yes they are," I smirk and sip my hot coco.
      He's smiling wide like a small child. "This is amazing. I can't believe I'm even complimenting you right now," Roman says as he buries his pancakes in syrup and whipped cream.
     I roll my eyes, "Thanks, Princey."
    We eat and he moans in delight of the wonderful taste. I finish one and clean up my plate in the sink before shoving it in the dish washer. I sip my coco as I go and head to the bathroom.
      Closing the door behind me, I set the cup down and look in the mirror. Flushed cheeks and red ears. I feel myself smiling when I look at him. Roman. I smile just thinking about his name. I hold my head as I feel my heart race faster. I look for my anxiety meds and down my prescribed amount with my coco.
      Slowly, I feel my heart slow a bit, but it still races with a warm feeling growing stronger in my chest. I look up into the mirror. What is wrong with me? It should've gone away if it was my anxiety. But it's not, the voice in my head says. No, no, its anxiety. Really? Yes! Yes! Or maybe you like him?
       I stop panicking and look in the mirror again. Roman has found out the most about my anxiety and my life, accidentally. Yes, we banter and bite at each other's necks from time to time, but...
       I rub my face and pick up my coco before walking out to the living. Roman has cleaned up the pancake mess and is now watching Christmas movies on tv while sipping his coco. I sit over in the chair by the window and look at the outside world. The alley way is covered in snow.
       "Hey, Sunshine. You want to open presents?" Roman calls and I look at him then to the tree.
       I nod and sit by the tree. Roman sorts the gifts; for him and for me. He hands me mine and sits beside me, sitting in front of his. "Who's do we start with?" I ask and Roman looks at the gifts.
       "Most likely Patton's," He starts tearing at the wrapping, so I grab mine.
       I tear mine open and pull off the lid. Pulling wrapping out, I see it's a gift card for amazon and a purple stim toy necklace that is surrounded by chocolates along with an assortment of other candies. I smile softly at it and pull it over my head. Thanks Patton. I look at Roman and he's holding more candles along with a new Disney poster. He looks at me and he goes to ask what I got but I'm already chewing on the toy. "What is that??" He raises a brow at me.
       "It's a...it's a stim toy. It's usually for kids or people with autism but it really helps me because I'm not biting my fingers." I straight out tell him because he'd need a full answer to understand this.
       "Huh, okay. Cool," he smiles and sets the gifts aside.
       I look at Logan's gift and start opening it before pulling out new Bluetooth headphones and a 12 sided fidget cube along with a gift card for music. Wow. I've never seen one like this. I instantly start playing it to figuring out which side I like most. Roman chuckles and I glance over at him.
      I notice him quickly look at his gifts. One is a mirror that changes it's light to match all environments then the second one is a microphone. "How'd he get such high tech things?" I ask Roman and he looks back at me.
     "He comes from a rich family so he borrows some money every year."
      "Must be fun having Patton at a rich person's house."
     "Oh totally." I chuckle softly at his sarcasm but cut it off quickly.
     "Here," I hold out his gift, "open it."
     He takes it and unravels it quickly. He pulls over the box lid and gasps, "no way,"
    "Yes way," I respond as he pulls out a Coach Disney x Mickey Mouse Reversible Jacket.
    "Theses are limited edition! How'd you find it?"
    "I just looked around in a Disney store and found it randomly. I guess I got lucky," I shrug and he hugs me tight before letting go, looking at the jacket.
    "Thank you, Virgil." He pulls it on then hands me my gift.
    I open the big heavy box and pull out a weighted black blanket then a three pack of the "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark". I blink and look to him. "Thank you, Roman," I smile softly and he points back in the box.
     What else is in there? I look in and see a small box. I pull it out and lift the lid to a black ring reading 'Simply Meant to be' from the Nightmare Before Christmas. Wait. I look up to him and his cheeks are flushed slightly. He looks me in the eyes and holds my hands.
      "It's been a few months and the feeling in my chest has only grown. My heart feels warm when I'm around you and I don't know how to react, so I call you stupid nicknames and hope you resist the urge to smack. But what I'm saying is that, I really like you and I'd like to be with you. Plus I see that we're Simply meant to be" he smiles to me with worry behind his caramel eyes.
       I feel my face flush red and he chuckles. "Take your time, Virgil. I don't want you to be forced to date me-"
      I mumble under my breath and Roman leans in, raising an eyebrow. I set the ring aside and mutter again, making him lean in even closer. I lift my head up quickly and kiss him. My lips meeting his soft, luscious lips.
      Slowly, he leans into it from being startled and cups my face with both of his hands. I rest a hand on his cheek and rub his cheek bone with my thumb. I pull away and peck his lips once more before looking him in the eyes. He looks like he's in a pleasant daze, but smirks at me, "So I guess that's a yes to dating me."
      "Absolutely," I confirm to him and he hugs me, stunning me for a second before hugging back slowly.
      We hug for a while before Roman picks up the ring box and slides it onto my right ring finger. I look to his fingers and he's wearing a silver one. I smile softly and feel my face flush again. "I'm guessing you didn't put on your foundation today, fairest of them all," Roman comments as he holds my hand, running his thumb over my knuckles.
        "Not yet," I say, fiddling with my fidget...12 sided something, "haven't even put in my contact lenses."
      "But your eyes are like a lavender field on a mountain between the snowfall."
      I blink and push his chest, "let's just get the ground cleaned up, Shakespeare."
      He chuckles as I pull my gifts into my arms and head into my room. I set everything down on my bed and head back out into the living room. I grab my cup of coco and sip it as I sit down on the couch. This...is a good day. A great day. A fantastic Christmas.
     Roman sits besides me and wraps an arm around me as I turn on the tv. I pull a blanket around our legs before changing the tv to The Nightmare Before Christmas. The intro starts and Roman sings it, making me chuckle lightly.
      He widely gestures as he sings along. The part of the song comes up where the three minions sing and I sing along to that which makes Roman gasp at me. "You said you couldn't sing," he rests a hand on his chest in astonishment.
      "I lied, Princey," I smirk at him, "I just have a high voice that I want no one to know about."
      "But it's so good. You can harmonize with Patton and I."
      "No thanks. I don't want another squealing hug from him."
      He chuckles, "but that's about 50% of his hugs."
      "I know," I speak through grit teeth.
     "You'll get used to it, clam." Roman remarks and his phone goes off.
      He pulls out his phone and I scoot away, looking at the caller. It's Patton. Roman picks up and I see a smiley, rosey cheeked, Patton next to an uncomfortable looking Logan. "Hey you guys!" He chirps and I wave.
      "Hey you two," Roman smiles softly at them, "How was your Christmas?"
      Logan responds with "Satisfactory" and Patton with "Amazing".
      "What'd you get?"
      "Logan got a rubix cube, a gift card, socks, a new tie, a sweater and a journal and I got a sweater, candy, pillows, a dog plush and thinking putty."
      "Sounds very....generic," I add and biting the stim toy.
      "You got my present!" Patton notices and I smile slightly, nodding.
      "How is your Christmas?" Logan asks as he looks over to the phone.
      "Fantastic," Roman answers for us both and Patton looks glad.
      "And the presents?"
      "We loved them all. Thank you you guys," I tell them, leaning into Roman to get in the shot.
      "Of course. Mine must be best," Logan gloats as he adjusts his glasses.
      Roman and I look at each other then back to the phone, "Nope."
     "Well that doesn't make sense. I acquired the most information about you two to figure out what you need or need replaced in your life."
     "Maybe it wasn't what we needed most, Analytical Brochacho."
      "What did you need more than those things?" He looks stumped, leaning into Patton to furrow his brows at us.
     Roman holds my hand and I kiss him, showing our hands with rings on them. I hear Patton squeal. We pull away, looking back to the phone. The picture of a speechless, yet happy, Logan with a bouncy Patton.
      "I stand corrected," Logan builds his composer and adjusts his glasses.
      "You two are a couple too! I can't wait to go back there and congratulate you guys!" Patton cheers and I chuckle, hiding my face in Roman's chest.
       "He's so red, you two," Roman comments as he strokes my head, "like a ripe strawberry."
       Logan mutters and I hear Patton comment to him before he says "We gotta go, Logan has other things planned for today. See you in a week 'n a half!"
      We say goodbye and close the call. I look back up to him and he looks to me. We laugh in unison before leaning into each other.
      I've never felt this warm and fuzzy in my life.