All Together

Roman and I are laying on the couch, cuddling into each other as we watch Big Hero 6. I can't stress how much I can relate with Hiro. Besides, Yanno, the whole being smart thing. I'd do anything for the people I love.
    My eyelids feel heavy as the montage plays on the tv. I feel myself start to drift off.
    Then the door slams open. Roman and I sit up, Roman holding me close to him. "We're Ho-Ho-Home!" Patton chimes and I groan, falling against Roman.
     Patton giggles and heads to his room with Logan following him down the hallway, closing the doors after them. I sigh and look up to Roman and he looks back down to me, chuckling nervously. I cuddle up to him and close my eyes. He stops chuckling and rubs my back.
      Patton and Logan walk out with their gifts and sit on the floor in front of the tree, making me open my eyes. Patton vigorously pulls apart his gift from Roman. He gasps and flips over the box which pours out a ton of tiny plushies related to Disney. "Tsum tsums! Ah, these are fantastic, RoRo," Patton tells roman as he pulls all of the plushes into his arms.
       Roman smiles smugly and Logan opens his to pull out a mug. He reads it, squinting then sighing. "'I <3 it when you talk nerdy to me'. Thanks, Roman," Logan says, distastefully.
       "You two are most welcome," He smiles widely to them as Patton digs into my gift.
       I bite my necklace and Patton pulls out the 'Warning; Tells dad jokes at random' shirt, holding it up for the others to see. They both nod approvingly at the shirt before Logan unwraps his present. He stares at the canvas in awe as we all wait for him to show us it. He turns it around and it's a watercolored nebula I painted with glitter dusted over it. The glitter stars aligned and are traced to say 'I need some space' in silver ink. "This is fantastic, Virgil," he looks in the corner and his eyes widen, looking to me, "you painted this?"
     Roman and Patton look at me, astonished. "I-yeah...I do watercoloring to...deal with my anxiety. I also draw," I mumble out, looking down.
     "It's amazing, Virge. You are seriously talented. Thank you so much for these gifts," Patton cheers to me with a bright smile.
     I nod and bite my necklace aggressively. I'm not used to people looking at my art or complimenting it. It's very rare for people to even get a glance at the idea. I always forced myself to get better because people who saw it, didn't like it.
     Roman hugs me tight and kisses my head, "you need to paint me something, sometime."
     "I don't take requests, Prince."
     "Dang."
     Patton giggles and opens Logan's gift. He pulls out thinking putty and bracelet with metal plating it that just has a small heart engraved into it. He gasps at the bracelet and ties it on. Patton hugs his boyfriend and kisses his cheek. "Thank you so much, Logan," he tells him and Logan gets his smug look on his face.
      "You're welcome."
      "Your present now, Logan," Patton hands him his present box and Logan opens it, trying not to rip it too much. Logan pulls out 'Science Matters' socks, 'I may be NErDy but only periodically' shirt and a bracelet. Logan frowns at the bracelet and looks to Patton. Patton looks back shyly, his face flushed pink. "It's a..it's a sound wave bracelet...of my voice saying I love you," Patton mumbles and Logan's eyes light up.
      "That's...so...so sweet, Patton. Thank you. I love it." He ties it to his wrist and kisses his cheek which makes Patton smile.
     Roman video tapes this whole scenario and smiles at the cute couple. "Well," I sit up and stretch, "Christmas is over, finally."
     Patton pouts and Roman follows his lead. "But it's still December," Patton whines and Logan rolls his eyes.
    "We still have New Years."
    "Ah yes," Logan mutters as he piles up his gifts, "time for you guys to fail your New Years resolutions again."
     "Hey, what if my New Years resolution is loving you more?" Patton mumbles and Logan stops to flush even more red.
    "That was smooth, brother," Roman leans over and gives Patton a high five.
     I roll my eyes at them and lean back against the other side of the couch. They must get this from their dads. What dorks their fathers must be. I hope I get to meet them one day.
     Logan puts away his things as Patton and Roman get to talking. I can't leave because Roman, rubs circles on my kneecaps. I sigh in defeat and hold his hand. He'd better let me get a snack. I want one so bad right now. "Prince Under-Arm-Stink, I want some food," I grumble and he looks over to me.
       "You can go get some if you'd like. I'm not stopping you," he tells me and I look to my knee which makes his eyes follow along.
     He notices and removes his hand, "sorry."
       "It's okay, Princey." I get up and head to the kitchen.
     I grab the bag of barbecue chips from the cupboard before walking over to the fridge to grab two bottles of Pepsi. I head back over and hold out the Pepsi to Roman. He smiles and takes it before I sit down beside him. I ignore my surrounds and focus on the movie.
       Right now, Hiro makes Baymax go into terminator mode because he realized the villain is his brother's college professor. Sucks doesn't it. I sigh and rub over my eyebrow. "Virgil..?" I hear Patton mumble to me and I look over.
      I grunt in affirmation while looking confused, but Roman dismisses Patton. Patton warily leaves and Roman wipes something off my cheek. "You're crying, Virgil," Roman tells me and I feel my face, touching the wet streaks on my face.
      "I...guess so," I mutter and dab away the tears.
      "Do you know why you were crying?"
      "Uhm, no."
      "Was it the movie?"
      "Maybe..?"
      "Want to...talk about it?" Roman holds my hand and rubs this thumb over my knuckles.
      I glance to the tv screen then back to him, "in a bit."
      "Okay," he kisses my hand and I lean into him.
       I don't want to bother him with the details or why I started crying. It seems way too early, but I forgot about his brother relationship in this movie. I look up to him, "I think I'm ready to tell you.
      "Alright," He nods and I grab his hand and pull him to my room.