The Fall

Patton sits beside me, helping me with my psychology homework while Roman is out. I bite on my stim toy as I read over what he's pointing at. We are all stressing over our mid terms and tests. I need more coffee.
         Logan walks out of his room to grab his fifth cup of coffee for the night. I think he's drank the whole pot of it and I can see him visibly shaking when he pours the rest of it in his glass. "Uhm," Patton looks over at Logan with me and goes over to him, "How about a pause on the coffee, Logan."
        Logan looks to him, still dull and straight faced as usual, besides the shaking. "I think I'm fine, besides. It's 1/8th of a cup." Logan insists while Patton reaches for his cup.
         Logan pulls it away swiftly and stands guard, making Patton upset. Oh no. "Patton-I-Sorry-"
        Patton forces on his smile, " It's fine. If you need the coffee, have it."
       Logan seems to look at him like he's underwater, squinting and in a daze. "Fine." Logan heads back to his room and slams the door making Patton and I jump.
       Patton sighs and walks back over before forcing another smile. "How about a break?"
      "Of course."

      We finish up our studying and start watching Steven Universe, or A Master Piece as Patton calls it. We munch on chips as the intro plays so Patton sings it through a full mouth like a small child.
     I chuckle as we hear a door open down the hall. We silence once the door closes and Logan walks over, looking wary. Patton and I look over in concern as he opens his mouth incoherently, no words coming out. Patton smiles faintly, "take your time."
         "I-I," Logan stutters and looks to us with wide eyes before they half-lid, eyes rolling back in his head.
      My eyes widen and I catch him as he falls, Patton running over to join me.
      I try and hold him up when the front door opens to Roman smiling which turns to a worried frown. He mumbles an 'I got him' as he grabs Logan from me. I move aside to allow him to lay Logan on the couch.
       "What the hell was that?" I ask, looking to the other two, "he just passed out! He had like 5 cups of coffee, so that isn't possible."
      Patton lays a blanket over him and kisses his head before looking to me, "When he experiences too much emotion..he gets too overwhelmed and...passes out."
      "Jesus," I mumble and Roman nods, running a hand through his hair.
      "It happens from time to time."
      "I guess so."
     "He'll be back up and running in a few seconds though."
      "You make him sound like a computer, Patton."
      "That wasn't my full intent." He rubs the back of his neck and walks over to the bookshelf.
      "Well he kinda is one," Roman mumbles and I jab him in the side with his elbow.
      Patton pulls out a bigger book and smiles while flipping through it. I walk over and look at it. It's a baby picture book of Logan. "Why do you guys have this?" I frown and look at the chubby little Logan playing with cubes.
       "Well, Somewhat blackmail, but Logan's parents wanted us to see him as child. So our dads sent over one of the both of us too."
      I blink. Blackmail of Roman? Hell yes. I look for the book, but Roman holds it to his chest, "no looking."
      "Dang," I snap my fingers and Patton chuckles.
      "Do you have baby pictures, Virge?"
      I stand up straighter at the thought of family pictures. I fiddle with my sleeves, "no. We never had family or baby pictures."
      Roman walks over and intertwines my pinky with his, "and that's okay. No family has the perfect family portrait."
     I look up to him with a crooked smile as he smiles back softly. Logan groans and rubs his face. Patton rushes over and sets the book down next to the couch where he's kneeling. "Sorry about...everything," Logan grumbles as Roman and I look to the groggy Logan.
      "It's okay, you were stressed and worried. You're fine," Patton coos and kisses his temple before Logan sits up.
      He nods and rubs his face. Patton sits beside him and the rest of us follow. Patton points out a picture of a 6 year old Logan wearing a sweater down to his knees, smiling and running around. "That is so precious," Roman gushes and Logan covers his face.
      "I didn't need to wake up to this." Logan mumbles and Patton giggles.
      "Yes, you did."