Doubt in the Heart

I walk into Patton's room and notice him sitting in a bean bag chair while checking out the cookie. He finally notices I'm there and sets it aside, hopping up with a smile plastered on his face. "Hey there, son. What'd you come in here for?" He says, hands on his hips.
        "Save it. I saw how you looked at that cookie. Talk to me." I spat, wanting to get to the point.
        "What? I just appreciated the gesture. It's so cute." He looks over to it with a wary smile, hugging himself.
       "Uhuh. Then why haven't you ate it yet?"
       "I told you, it's cute! It's written in a math formula."
       "You would know very well that Logan does not act out his emotions and when he does, it takes too much energy and it's forced."
       He finally sighs and rubs his arms, "I know what you're saying and I know what Logan said. I just,"
       He sighs again and looks to me, "he has such high expectations and he's so smart. How could he love someone as half-witted and...not so big of an expectation as me? I love him back, I really do. I have for a while now, but who could love me-I mean why could he love me?"
       He is close to tears when he finishes what he's saying. I gesture to the door, "Then go find out for yourself. Oh and don't forget your cookie."
       He nods, wiping away his tears, and grabs the cookie. I walk out of his room with him then pull away when he knocks on the door. I hear a muffled yell followed by Patton saying, "Terrible,"
       Another muffled question before Patton looks down, "Terribly sorry for what I said earlier."
       I smirk as Patton walks into the room and trades places with Roman. "So, you got it out of him, Bad cop?" He asks me, arms crossed.
       I scoff, "Of course I did. I'm good at making people admit to their flaws or pointing out their flaws."
       "Jeeze, JD."

                        • • •
       I sit on the counter, watching Roman fail at making pancakes. "You're burning them," I gripe as he looks at the pancakes.
       "Fine. Then you make them, Gordon Ramsey." He hands me the spatula and I hop down.
       I push Roman away and stand in his spot. He looks at the burnt pancakes, a dishearten look in his eyes.
         I flip the pancakes and they aren't burnt. I sigh in relief before waiting once more. It's been thirty minutes since Patton went into Logan's room now so I'm kind of worried now. "Hey, Captain Sparkles?" I ask Roman and he walks over to me, "could you check on them?"
        "Sure, but if I see anything-"
       "Logan is Ace, Mom, chill out."
       "Maybe he's a sex-positive asexual, you don't know that." He walks down the hallway and peeks in before quickly, but quietly, closing the door.
       I flip the pancakes as he runs over, going to hug me. I throw a pancake at him which stops him. "Did you...just...smack me with...a pancake?" He looks at me, flabbergasted.
       "Like pancakes, you'll always fall flat." I say, staring him in the eyes.
       Even more stunned, he shakes his head and whispers to me, "They were just making out on Logan's bed."
       "Well, they're together," I say, grabbing the pancake from Roman's hands and putting it on the plate, "but They probably don't want their dinner to get cold."
       He scoffs a chuckle and nods as I pour the last of the pancake mix onto the pan. He watches me making pancakes, trying to see how to perfect it, I guess. I bite gently on my thumb, getting anxious. I flip over the pancake quickly.
       "You're good at this," He compliments me.
       "Wow, was that sarcastic or are you actually treating me not like shit?" I look over to him with an eyebrow raised.
       He chuckles, "Either or, Gloomy."
      I roll my eyes and slide the pancake onto the stack of pancakes. I set the spatula down then head to Logan's room. I hesitate knocking when I hear chuckling from inside. I smile faintly then knock on the door before opening it, "Hey, lovebirds, dinner's ready."
        I close the door and walk back over to the kitchen. I hear the door close again and look back to Patton and Logan holding hands and smiling. "So, you two are a couple now?" Roman asks with a smile, glad to see his friends happy.
        "I believe so," Logan says smiling to Patton.
        "We're dating now," Patton smiles back and kisses his cheek, making Logan blush bright red.