Soothing Panic and Partying

-Warning: All that good stuff at stereotypical College party-

        I scribble answers onto my paper and rub my head in concentration. I need to get this done. I'm almost done. My bedroom door slams open and I jump, messing up my writing. I curse and turn in my chair to see Sir-Sing-A-Lot in my doorway. "What do you want, Romano?" I grunt and he walks in, smiling brightly.
       "Want to come to the first football game's after party?" He asks me and I roll my eyes.
       "No thanks. I'm good."
       "Logan and Patton are going. Do you want to be alone here?"
       "It's a possibility. Then I can sit here watching Buzzfeed; Unsolved."
       "You're no fun," He rests a hand on his hip and looks at me with an upset look.
       "That's..kinda my motto, thank you very much." I turn back around to finish up my homework.
       I don't hear anything before I'm somewhat strangled from behind by Prince Disgusting hugging me. "What the hell, Roman?!" I yell and drop my pencil to grab at his wrists.
       Now, it's hard for me to pull his hands away from me since he has a killer, not really, muscle build and I'm...a twig. It's like trying to cut down a tree with a knife. You aren't going to get far unless you're passionate about cutting it down.
       "Join us! It'll be fun. You're just going to miss out if you sit alone at home," He tells me as he sways from side to side.
       "No, Roman. I'm not going," I yell, scratching at his wrists to do some damage.
       "Free food and drinks," he chimes in as I go to hiss, but stop myself.
       "Free food?" I ask, holding his wrists.
       "Free food," He nods and smiles to me, head on my shoulder.
       "Fine, I'll go. Only for free food,"
       "Yeah! Alright," He pulls away and runs out of my room,"Sour Patch Kid is coming to the party!"
       I sigh and put my head down on my desk. Why did I say that? I'm going to regret this.

                        • • •

       I sit in the backseat with Logan as Patton drives us four to the party. I hate this already. I took my anxiety meds before we headed out so I don't have a panic attack there. I don't want to draw even more attention to myself than Roman. He would despise me for that.
          I look at Logan who is on his phone reading an article about....romance? I look him in the eyes, but he's too focused on the article. I wonder what that's about. "How's research going?" I ask him and he looks up, quickly.
         "Alright, it's very interesting," He tells me as he switches tabs on his phone.
         "What's it about?" I look at him and he frowns at the article, skimming through it.
        "The evolution of the human race. Studying to be a history teacher is a handful"
        "Uhuh..." I say in disbelief.
        He squints at me, telling me to stop talking. Guess it's really important or really embarrassing because he can't tell me why he was looking at that other article. Does he like some one? Is he trying to give advice to someone else? I'll never know, I guess.
       I watch the other two singing Hakuna Matata while blaring it from the speakers. They are truly children. Patton's vocal range is extraordinary. He can hit the lower to the bass notes and the high tenor notes which is pretty awesome. Roman can sing baritone two and I think he might be jealous Patton's vocal range.
       "Come on, Logan! Join us," Roman calls to Logan and his head turns straight up to them.
      "I've already told you two that I can't sing," Logan protests and then the two of them look to me.
      "Neither can I, Sirs-Sings-a-Lot," I tell them and Roman groans in despair.
      "I'm disappointed in you two," He states before singing the next Disney song.
       I lied about not being able to sing. I can sing. I just choose not to when others are around. I think I'm a tenor one which is pretty high. I don't want them to know that about me. It would be embarrassing for someone that is known for having a deeper voice.
       I notice the car jerk to a stop then it turns off. Roman hops out to guide us all in. Patton, Logan, and I aren't really the "popular" or "jocks" of the college. Roman is though and he has the letterman's jacket to prove it. Honestly, he just wants to be the very best, that no one ever was.
        I hear the music from outside. Sounds like a mix of rap and pop. Fantastic. Roman opens the doors to the dimly lit rooms with different colored spot lights shinning in different places. Couples of crop top wearing girls and deep v collared boys dancing close together.
        I feel sick already. I take a step in after Logan, who heads straight to an empty corner of the house. Roman disappeared into the crowd of people right as we walked in which leaves me with Patton. He leads me to the table of snacks and drinks. I steer clear of the brownies and pour myself a glass of...something. I pull Patton beside me before he tries for the brownies. "Don't," I warn him and he looks to me, sadly.
        "But they're brownies and Logan only allows me to have one every months," he tells me and I nod in agreement with Logan.
      "They aren't normal brownies, I promise you."
      "They have chocolate chips?"
      "No, just eat some chips, okay?"
      "Okay!" He smiles and starts munching on the chips.
      I sigh and lean up against the wall. The wallflower as always. I take a sip of my drink and watch the people dance to the loud music. Girls grinding up against boys who holds them close. I snarl at them all. Stupid college kids. 'But you are a college kid,' I tell myself and roll my eyes.
         I know that, but they are really dumb. I absentmindedly drink out of my cup and notice a group of guys walking over my way. Shit, no. I pull up my hood and hide my face, making me look even creepier. Don't notice me, please.
        "Hey, you havin' fun tonight?" The guy slurs and points directly at me.
        Damn it, they noticed me. I nod in response and hope they walk away. They don't. They crowd me and I start feeling shaky. "You sure? Maybe drinking from the keg will help," Another guy chimes in and gets the other guys laughing, "Maybe a keg stand,"
        "I don't-" I start and they grip my arms, pulling me over to the keg.
        I want them not to touch me. They need to stop touching me. Once we arrive, the guys push me towards it and I lean forward, holding the edge of it. They laugh as two of them pick up my legs and make me do a hand stand on the keg. The other guy takes the dispenser for the keg, forcing it in my mouth.
          They start the dispenser and the alcohol floods into my mouth. I try to not swallow it and it starts to seep out of my mouth. Blood is rushing to my face as I sit here. Everyone is laughing and chanting. I swallow. In fear, I swallow. People cheer at me for finally swallowing.
         I hear my name murmured from someone in the crowd and I hope it's one of the guys. I force myself to down, or would it be up, some more of it when I hear yelling. I get set down and collapse against the keg. Patton had yelled at the crowd to let me down. He walks over and pulls me to the side again.
       "Are you okay?" He asks, waving a hand in front of my face.
      "I'm-I'm fine," I tell him, my nerves starting to ease.
      "I'll go tell Roman-"
      "No, I'll go," I pat his shoulder and look for Roman.
      Everything seems like a daze like its underwater. I push through the crowd of people. I feel like I'm walking through a corn field. I hear others complaining and griping at me, but I don't care. I just need to find Roman.
      I hear him and turn towards his direction to see him chatting it up with some guys. I walk over to him and he notices me out of the corner of his eye. "Guys, this is Emo Nightmare," He tells them and they chuckle at the nickname.
     I wipe my chin and Roman asks "How are you?"
     "I'm great, but..." I hesitate then slap him across the face.
      He gasps and holds his face, "Virgil-"
      "You are such an annoying piece of shit, Roman. I hate it soooo much," I tell him and he looks mad, but notices how off I'm acting.
      "Do you really?" He chuckles, cheeks a bit rosy.
      "Yesss," I hiss slightly and I feel his arm wrap around my waist,
      "Estás borracho, ¿verdad?"
      "What the hell did you say..?"
      He laughs a bit, holding his stomach. "You don't hate me that much,"
      "Maybe, maybe I just want you to shut up,"
      "I want you to shut up too."
      "Then make me!" I yell at him and I feel his soft lips collide into mine.