22

I sat on the couch with the psychiatrist across from me. The only sound was the ticking of the clock and the clicking of a computer mouse every so often. Then the lady turned in her swivel chair and looked at me.

" jung hoseok? Is that right?" she said. I nodded. " hello. My name is Sheryl. Its nice to meet you hoseok". She held out her hand, but i stayed still. I didn't want to be here, let alone shake her hand. If she actually thinks shes gonna get me to talk than she's the crazy one.

She turned back to her computer and scrolled through it a bit.

" im just looking at your file here..."

"What file?" i asked.

" oh just different documents, birth certificate, school enrolment, criminal records. That kind of thing". She must have seen something that interested her, because a gasp escaped her lips. " are your parents uh.."

"Yeah" i said. I knew what she was talking about. When dad did that to mom... There was a whole ordeal with the news. The kept wanting to interview me, but i didn't let them. Watching your parent murder your other one is so terrible. Even when she was so mentally abusive, it still fucked me up that she was gone. I couldn't talk to anyone about that.

" do you want to talk about that?" Sheryl asked. Fuck me.

" no" i said plainly. I didn't feel like making a real response or excuse. This whole mental hospital shit wont help anything. I know it.

" well.. I don't want to push you to talk about anything your not ready for" she said softly. Her every move was calculated, and she didn't try to hide it. That's the problem with these people. You know they don't care about you. This is their job, not them genuinely helping people. " is there anything you want to ask me?"

" how long am i here for?" i asked.

"30 days" she said. My eyes widened. A whole month! Im stuck here for a month!! " that's the minimum requirement, since a police officer brought you here you don't need to pay, but anything more than 30 days will cost you". I almost laughed. Why would i want to stay longer? Let alone pay for it?

A few minutes ticked by, then an alarm went off on her phone.

" well, our time is up. Ask one of the nurses to show you to your room". I nodded and stood up. As soon as i left I let out a long breath, i was so glad to be out of there.

"Shes a bitch right?". I looked over to a girl sitting in a chair outside her office.

" shes not a bitch.. Its Just a bitch to talk to her" i said. The girl stood up, and started walking twords the door.

" than you haven't talked to her enough" she said. She rested her hand on the doorknob. " so. What are you in for?"

" oh.. I uh.. Self harm" i said slowly. " tried to jump off a bridge and the police got me. Basically coming here wasn't my choice, and i already want to get out even on my first day"

" i guess well be in the same room then" she said.

"Huh?"

" they stick all us cutter kids together. Well.. A few of them do other stuff to. But basically if you wanna kill yourself your stuck with everyone else who does. Which is actually, not that bad"

Suddenly the door opened. It was Sheryl.

" could you hurry up jihuan. We only have an hour long session today". The girl, or jihuan i guess, mouthed the word bitch to me. I almost laughed. Almost.

" well. Gotta go see you later.. Uh"

"Hoseok"

"Hoseok. Got it. Have fun getting to know the rest of the guys, cuz ur stuck here for a while"

" jihuan..." sheryl said. Jihuan waved bye to me, and the both walked in, shutting the door behind them. I sighed. I guess noy everything here is insufferable.

I walked to the receptionist desk to ask where my room was. One of the nurses showed me where to go.

When she opened the door, i swallowed. There was about 12 people there, ranging from as young as 10 to people in their last years of high school. I don't know what i expected, this is technically the childrens department.

" this is your new friend, hoseok" said the nurse. " he will be here for the next 30 days. I'll leave you be now".

As soon as the door closed behind me, the room became louder than ever.

" so you used thumbtacks!! How did you got that deep with them?"

" last time i was here i managed to steal a scalpel from the surgery department. But now im here again and the scalpel is sitting at my house, waiting for me to get out of here."

" does that stuff really prevent scaring? Lemme try some!!"

Looks like these guys where forced here to, sounds like they have no intention of stopping. I found what i thought was an empty bed, so i asked this girl about it. She looked about 12 years old.

" thia bed taken?" i asked. She looked at me.

" nope. Go ahead and lay their". I followed what she said and made myself comfortable, then my phone started buzzing. I pulled it out of my pocket and looked at my messages.

Taetae: I hope you don't feel to overwhelmed there. Im coming to visit you tomorrow, so hold out for me, k? ❤❤

Hopie- thanks.

At least i have something to look forward to in this hell hole, although i know im gonna mess that up anyways.