Chapter One.

"Mom? Mom!!" Johnny woke his mum, "Look outside!"

Jenny, got out of the bed and slowly opened the curtains to see what was outside. She let out a gasp.

"We have to go, now! Don't worry about belongings! Let's go!"

Johnny picked his small bag with all the things his father left him before he died. With that, they quickly grabbed their sandals and ran.

Robots everywhere, lasers everywhere. What was not happening? Helicopters were flying everywhere above Eldon. Shootings were heard in every direction.

"Stay low son," Jenny told Johnny.

They went uphill, away from the city, Eldon and hid in the forest. The view was clear from there.

"Mum, what about Lisa? And Peter? And Mr. Hunter?" Johnny worriedly asked about their neighbours, "are they okay?"

Jenny was confused, in doubt and at the same time, concerned.

"I don't know son" she whispered as she bent down to hug her son tight, looking at Eldon being invaded, her eyes getting teary.

A noise was heard in the bushes, as though there was something or someone alive in there.

Jenny looked around, covering her son.

"False Alarm, it's just a cat," Johnny pointed towards it.

"We have to get out of here," Jenny said holding her son's hand as they walked away from the destruction.

Moments later, a plane passed right above them, heading to Eldon.

They both looked up, following its path. Suddenly, something dropped. In no time, the whole city was in flames, after a huge explosion. Screams could be heard, explosions, gun shots. Jenny shut her eyes tight, letting the tears flow. Her son hugged her.

"We'll be fine mom, I'll protect you," he assured her.

She let out a smile, bent and kissed his forehead, "Let's see what my ten-year-old boy can do."

She rubbed his curly black hair and they journeyed on.

They walked in silence, holding hands, not knowing where to go. They just kept going.

Morning came, still walking. This time, they were deep in the woods. With no sense of location nor direction, they just kept going straight, to ensure they don't turn back. Everything was quiet. They both looked like they were deep in thought as they walked along.

Memories of his father lingered Johnny's head. How his father would teach him how to hunt on weekends, how they'd go for picnics together and horse-riding. His dad was his best friend, his role model. They were inseparable.

Jenny remembered that day her husband was shot right on the chest as they were horse-riding. Johnny, their son, was home that day. She never knew who shot her husband and why. She let out a tear.

After hours of walking, they came across a path. It looked busy.

"We might be approaching a place we might get help!" Jenny said to herself as she stepped on the path. They followed the sunrise, a little bit more optimistic.

"Mom, I'm thirsty," Johnny said, holding his throat.

"We'll get help soon my son.