Chapter Twenty Three

Mundas barely opened his eyes, there were murmurs everywhere. He felt as though he was being watched. A memory suddenly hit him. A group of robotic soldiers lifting him up in the air, throwing him in a blade's den (a hole full of red hot blades facing up). He let out a loud cry as he firmly held his head, experiencing a sharp pain in his head. He then opened his eyes and studied his skin.

"Where did my scars go?" He asked himself.

"Are you done?" A wardent was behind him.

Mundas quickly turned behind, lashing out a sword he didn't know he possessed.

"Jimluis sent me here, and you'd better listen if..."

"Who?" The wardant interrupted him.

She stood still, hands on her hips. She seemed to be a diva, an extreme one in that case. She constantly kept biting her lip and studying her fingernails.

Mundas let down his guard and stood still.

"Ahem, I mean, Marlock sent me here," he corrected himself.

"Oh you mean, the dead Marlock?" She began being sarcastic.

"Can you please help me gather all the wardants and hear what I have to say?" Mundas was losing his patience.

The wardant suddenly turned into that bald, long fanged creature Anam was. Mundas stepped back in shock, revealing his sword. The creature seemed to be fearing the sword.

"That's right, you don't wanna be near this now, do you?" Mundas began teasing the creature.

The sword suddenly gained so much heat to the point he dropped it to the floor. The creature then ran towards him and pounced at him. Inches to his body, the creature vaporized, leaving a burnt flesh kind of smell. He uncovered his face, surprised he was not dead, then he saw it. A shield. A purple shield.

"Why are you protecting me?" Mundas asked, though he clearly had no clue who was doing this.

"Because you are my son," a male voice was heard.

"Huh?" He was confused, "my father died ages ago."

"And where are you now?" The voice asked.

"The spirit world?" Mundas answered.

"Exactly," the voice said.

Mundas dropped himself lifelessly to the floor, crying. He let out a loud cry, one that rather reflected anger. A hand then touched his shoulders.

"Icris?" he turned, wiping his tears.

"She is long gone," Icris said as she turned into that bald creature.

The shield appeared again, Icris, or whoever that was, disappeared.

"Jim if you can hear me you have to get me out of here, alive! You hear me? Alive!" Mundas was terrified.

Jim woke up panting, "Mundas!"

He sensed that something wasn't right. He called onto Mundas, he couldn't trace him nor feel him.

"Is he dead," he asked himself, frowning his face.

"Jim?" Jenny called out.

"I need to bring him back," he continued talking to himself.

"What was it? What was it?" Jimluis kept walking around the room, trying to remember that spell he saw on the window.

"Kuptanvani Alom," Jimluis recited the spell, curious to see what would happen.

"An entrance to Rhandis? Is that even possible?" Jimluis asked himself.

He then made a portal aside to bring Mundas back to his chamber.

Mundas saw the portal open and called out for Jim to be sure he was heading to the right place.

"Mundas, before more creatures come!" Jimluis shouted through the portal.

Right after Mundas jumped through, another creature was inches behind, unlucky by less than a minute to go through the portal.

"Another portal?" Mundas asked, "I feel pretty nauseous."

"Everyone go through," Jim instructed.

Jenny got up, grabbed a gown and flops and went through first. She suddenly screamed and a loud thud was heard through the portal. Jim and Mundas looked at each other with concerned faces.

"Jenny!" Jim called out.

"Peter?" Jenny called out on the other side.

"Let's go," Jim told Mundas.

As soon as they both went through, Marlock's chamber went through with them and the portal disappeared.