Part I Chapter 5 - Let's play Auntie~

***Lynett***

[Voiceless incantation].

The ability to use magic without a chant by concentrating and feeling the mana through your body.

Pretty cool, isn't it? Yet, this kind of ability might become troublesome in the future... I mean, you can control what you say, but you can't control what you think.

One day, if I don't want to wake up in the morning, I might accidentally make the sun disappear... What? That's not how it works? Well, we will find out about that soon.

Anyway, it seems that I might have bullied my aunt a little –not that I regret it anyway, she deserved it. But I'll have to be careful from now on. While I did wish to punish her a little, I didn't think she'd actually catch on fire –literally. I asked for her beautiful silky hair to be gone, and it is indeed gone, but if not for the guard, my aunt could have ended up in a worse state. I'll have to learn how to control those troublesome powers...

After the incident, Aunt Nora took a while to recover from the shock. I mean she did end up half naked, bald and burnt in the middle of the street –yes, humiliation at its finest. But what terrified her the most was the fact that even though she had been openly attacked, they couldn't find the perpetrator. Witnesses weren't lacking, yet, no one saw a mage and no one heard an incantation. The culprit just vanished.

... I'm right here, actually. But it's okay. No one ever suspects the baby anyway.

Except for the mental shock, Aunt Nora recovered pretty fast. It seems that the Whiteheart nobles had a high affinity with Light Magic, which meant that they could use Healing Magic. So, obviously, without reserving herself, Aunt Nora had been using it to heal her burns. It worked. In only three days, her skin was almost as smooth as before. To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed. But well, even though Healing Magic could regenerate the dead cells of her skin, it couldn't do anything about her hair, since it literally burnt to ashes. So she's still bald, hehe...

After that, we quickly left the town. The rumor that the powerful Whiteheart family had been attacked without being able to retaliate had spread, so the Marquis decided to leave quickly before his sister did something stupid. Mother didn't seem to mind it. Since that now everyone knew about her being an elf, she felt the need to get away as soon as possible.

Currently, mother, brother and I are in the carriage of the Marquis and his sister, as we're heading to the Whiteheart Estate, in the capital. We were supposed to go in a secondary mansion, but after the incident, they decided that it was better to return in the main residence.

I'm not really happy about that, but they didn't exactly give us a choice. But well, I'll see how it turns out. If they're all as annoying as Aunt Nora, I guess I'll just have to make more bald people.

This journey is by far the most awkward thing I've ever experienced –not that I experienced a lot. We're all travelling in the same carriage, so the atmosphere is really heavy and most of the time, no one is talking. Beside mother and brother, I am absolutely, completely, utterly ignored. Aunt Nora would occasionally glare at me with her eyes full of hate, but that's it. My uncle, Yao, and the guard, they don't even bother to look at me. But well, as long as they don't mistreat us, I guess it's fine. I'm worried about my Aunt since she obviously hates me for being a half, but so far she hasn't done anything.

I think Aunt Nora had her lesson. Now she should become a little more compliant... or not.

I'm actually starting to regret burning her; she became even worse after that. I never really knew her before, but now, the more I get to know her, and the more I came to hate her. Basically, she's a bitch. But a real one, there is nothing good in her.