Part I Chapter 8 - Rumors

***Lynett***

It was a lovely day of summer in the Estate of the Whiteheart family. The cloudless sky held a soft blue glow and the golden sun radiated down on the mansion. Outside, there was a sweet fragrance of freshly cut grass and the birds chattered in the trees.

In the garden, a young girl could be seen. She wasn't a child anymore, but her face still had the exuberance of youth, keeping some childish features. Her golden eyes shined as a puff of wind swept though her platinum hair. That's me though.

A dozen of years have passed and I am now fourteen years old. I'm almost as old as the time I died on Earth. If we consider both my lives, mentally speaking I should be thirt-... Ahem... Let's not say this out loud.

After my little clash with my aunt, my life here in the Whiteheart mansion changed for the best.

First of all, I am now technically a member of the family. It's only officially though, since whenever I'm in public, I'm not allowed to use the family name. The reason for my sudden recognition as a fully member of the Whiteheart family is because of mother. To be precise, it's because she was blessed. Since we both received the blessing of a god, people assumed that there was something special in our lineage. So, disregarding the fact that I'm a half, the family decided it was in their best interest to have me with them.

Secondly, Aunt Nora is no longer a problem. Actually, she became a quite obedient child! She's still the same impulsive woman who likes to bully her servants –old habits die hard- but at least, whenever I'm here, she behaves. In my presence, she never dares to do anything and becomes pretty docile. She also avoids me, mother and brother as much as possible. Well, she keeps her promise. It's good.

However, while Aunt Nora started to behave, Yao on the other hand started to become a trouble. He noticed the weird changes in his mistress' behavior and started to suspect me or mother to have something to do with it, which is not wrong. Now that I'm a Whiteheart, he can't do anything against me or mother, but he doesn't hide his dissatisfaction, and occasionally, he would secretly stalk me. Siiiiigh... Not exactly my ideal of being pursued by a man...

Uncle Jack is... Well... it's Uncle Jack. Even as a fully member of the family, my relationship with him is non-existent. At least, he speaks to me now –sometimes.

The servants? They love me. At first, because of the racial prejudices, they avoided me, but eventually, I grew on them. I must say that only good things happened since I arrived: the heir is back, someone got blessed and Lady Nora is now much calmer. So the rumor going on about halves bringing bad luck soon disappeared. Besides, no one can resist my cuteness~! This became even truer over the time, as my already-too-perfect face became even more inhuman as I grew up. Yep, definitely a goddess' face.

The fact that my hair is now back to its original color didn't help either in making me look normal. Since there was no point in hiding it anymore, mother stopped dyeing it. So now, my hair is back at platinum blond while mother's is sky blue again.

Additionally, I am not restricted anymore and I'm allowed to go outside. But I'm still strongly supervised.

So, basically, over the years, I became a popular young mistress from a noble household. Not bad, right? Still, there is just a little problem. I have absolutely no friends.

My long awaited school life never came. Unwilling to let me attend a school, my uncle hired tutors for me instead. And since I'm a ghost member of the family, I don't attend to any parties. In the end, I never really had the chance to meet other people of my age.