Part I Chapter 6 - The Judge

***Nora***

"Auntie~ Won't you play with me too?"

What's wrong with this kid?

In front of me stands a small child looking at me with her innocent eyes. A doll-like face, honey golden pupils, black hair that fell to her shoulder, and not even a meter tall. That's right, that's Lynett. That woman's daughter, and additionally, my brother's bastard child.

"Play with me?" She repeated, as she did not get an answer.

Is this child a fucking retard? Did she not see her mother's state? Yet she comes here and asks for a play? Kids are naturally stupid, most of them don't even understand the concept of death and danger. But this one must be the biggest retard of them all. Well, what can you expect from a half? She has impure blood after all.

"No way, get lost." I pushed her away.

"Eeeeeeh~? Auntie you meanie! You'll play with mommy but not Lyni?" She whimpered.

I tried to study her. I couldn't help but feel annoyed at her inhumanly adorable face. When she grows up, she'll become dangerous. She'll probably use that face of hers to manipulate people and get what she wants. Like mother like daughter. Yet, there was not a trace of doubt or suspicion in her eyes. She simply smiled naively at me. Does she really have no idea?

"Did... your mother not warn you about me...?" I asked.

She shook her head. "Auntie played a lot with mommy so I'm a little jealous... That's why I came here! Play with me Auntie! You know, I don't mind playing exactly the same games that you did with mommy..."

Ha... Haha... Hahaha! Your daughter is a retard Azariah! Seriously, she begged me so much so that I could let her return to her daughter's side, but look at this, that same daughter is here, asking for a beating. I wonder what kind of face she will make if her kid returned to her beaten up...

No, I can't. Jack told me not to mistreat the child.

... But wait. Lynett is two, right? I heard that children do not remember anything that happened in their first three years when growing up...

A huge grin appears on my face.

"Sure, let's play!" I told her.

For a second, I could have sworn that I saw her smirk mischievously.

"But there must be rules~" Lynett added, as she started playing with her hair.

So she wants to impose rules... Well, of course. She's a brat after all. Brats like to play with rules that give them advantages. Especially after seeing her mother, she'll feel safer that way. Well, whatever. Not like a kid can come up with complicated rules.

"Fine, I'm listening. What kind of rules?" I asked.

"There are only two rules." She said after thinking for a while. Then, she smiled widely, rising one finger in front of her. "First~! No matter what happen, you are not allowed to scream. If you do, you'll be punished."

... What did she say? Is this kid being serious right now? What kind of game is she planning to do?

For a moment, I frowned, looking at the child innocently smiling at me, full of doubt. But I quickly regained my composure. It can't be... I must have misunderstood it. She must simply be afraid to wake up the others, since it's late in the night.

"Fine. What's the second rule?"

She raised a second finger. "Secondly~! Once the game begins, you absolutely can't withdraw. The game will end with your victory or mine, giving up is not allowed."