Part I Chapter 10 - Request

***Lynett****

In front of me, the Goddess narrowed her eyes, studying me carefully.

"Aileen...? That's... an interesting name..." Yoko said, after thinking for a while. "You seem to know me, but I don't know you. A Divine I've never seen... You must be a new Low God, am I wrong?"

Yes, you are. Not even close.

Without even waiting for an answer, she sighed. She raised her hand to her forehead, pinching the bridge of her nose. Closing her eyes, she was obviously having a headache.

"I'm already busy enough dealing with the other bastard... And now there is another Divine intruding my territory..." She muttered.

Another? There is a second one?

"Seriously, what are the others doing? They're becoming negligent with the rules we fixed..." Yoko opened her eyes, looking at me. "Child, who is the fool who created you without telling you about the rules? Who is your parent? Is it Naia? It must be her... That woman sure loves her children... She creates a new one every few centuries..."

"It wasn't her. My parent is an elf called Azariah." I responded casually.

"An elf...?" She repeated, raising an eyebrow. "Oh well, enough with the jokes. I'm not in the mood. Look there, since you obviously didn't know about the rules, I'll let it go this time. But you need to leave. You're on my territory here, so unless you want to start a war, you can't stay."

"Eh? You're kicking me out? How mean... After everything I've done for you... That's not how you treat your mother..."

Yoko frowned. She looked at me with her eyes full of incomprehension, clearly not understanding my point.

"Mother...? What are you talking about?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You see I created you. I'm the one who gave you life, so technically, that makes me your mom, right?" I answered with a small grin.

For a few moments, she just looked at me, without saying anything. She tried to comprehend what she just heard, but her eyes were telling me that she thought I was crazy. Eventually, a weak smile played on her lips.

"Good one, child. But I don't have a Parent. Is this about your name?" She asked. "I thought it sounded familiar... Aileen, the so called Goddess of All Creations, right?"

"Oh! So you know! Well, that makes things easier." I exclaimed.

Hearing my answer, Yoko sighed heavily.

"I know it's a ridiculous myth some of us invented trying to come up with a good explanation for the World's creation." She said with an irritated tone. "The Goddess of Light invented light, the God of Darkness invented darkness... But who created the Goddess of Light and the God of Darkness? Since we don't know the answer, let's blame it all on one supreme being. Seems a little easy don't you think?"

"Eh? So you don't believe in it..."

"Of course not. The World's creation? Don't know, don't care. But I'm certainly not believing some crap about a fictional Goddess who never manifested herself for the past millenniums."

Well... She has a point.

"Leave now, child." She ordered, slowly losing her patience. "As a fellow Divine, I've received you with enough hospitality. But you abuse of it and start talking nonsense. Even out of respect for my colleagues, I will not hesitate to erase you right now if you keep going. Do not test my patience. Besides, I've been busy enough dealing with another trouble recently, I don't need a second intruder. I'm serious."