Part II Chapter 21 - Arrival

***Lynett***

[Map].

With this single word of mine, a new window appeared in front of me, similar to the status screen. However, this time, instead of the usual tables, there were drawings of lands and oceans. The world map.

It's been a couple of days since the intrusion was first reported and to be honest, there hasn't been much progress since. It was the first time that the [World System] requested for my assistance. Usually, it was the other way around. Since I refused to shut down the system, it was now expecting for me to deal with the 'threat' by myself, raising my privileges. I can accept that. My job as an admin, I guess. But the timing is a little inconvenient.

So far, the only useful thing I discovered was this: an interactive geographic map of the world's territories, showing different data, like demography, reliefs or natural resources. However, at the moment, I did not care about all that. I was much more interested in the two icons that the map was showing.

The first one was a red marker, indicating my position somewhere in the center, in the Middle Continent. The second one was a cross, much farther in the north, indicating the location of my problem, the unknown object. It was situated right in the middle of the North Continent, beyond the ocean, and this raised two problems.

First, the North was the realm of the most infamous beings in the world, demons, and I certainly didn't want to go there.

Don't be mistaken. I have nothing against demons. Demons here are quite different from those of Earth. Here, they were just another species among the others. Well, to be exact, they weren't exactly a species but a grouping of several species. By definition, we called anything that was not a human, an elf or a demi-human a demon. It could be a vampire or a werewolf, just like it could be a dryad.

My problem was not the demons themselves but their ruler. That's right: the Demon Lord. I had completely forgotten about him up until now, but he does still exist.

In a way, being the Demon Lord was just a title. He certainly was far stronger than the others, but in the end, he was still a mortal. If I were to give an example, on one-on-one, I would say that he would last maybe one hour against Yoko, if she's in a good mood. However, if possible, I still wanted to avoid having anything to do with him. Being involved with one of the Great Leaders would bring nothing but troubles. Who knows? One misunderstanding and I might find myself in the middle of a war.

The second problem was the fact that the unknown object was situated in another continent.

The thing is that here in Erthia, most people didn't even know that there were other continents. I had the occasion to see what people called the World map a couple of times now, but it was actually just a map of the Middle Continent.

There are five continents in Erthia, all separated by oceans. However, besides the other Gods and a small elite, this is something that only I know. Each continent was a world on its own, self-sufficient, with little to no interactions with the others. Most people had no idea of what lied beyond the oceans, so I doubt a lot of them would be willing to navigate in unknown seas.

However, good news is that our little virus seems inactive. I was getting concerned about this potential threat, but it's been a few days already, and I haven't received a new report from the [World System]. Furthermore, after checking its position every day, it doesn't seem to be moving. I'm even starting to wonder if it is really a threat.

"Young miss, you're awake? We have arrived!" A loud voice suddenly called out, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yes, give me a second," I replied.