Part II Chapter 24 - A legendary magical beast

***Lynett***

Why do this always happen to me?

Currently, my hands are tied together and there is a cloth over my head, covering my face. Yep, there is no mistake, I am being abducted.

A few moments ago, I was still talking to Aoban and Lukas. I tried to get more information about the demi-human who escaped, but none of them were willing to talk so I let it go. They won't be able to hide it forever anyway. This is school and people talk –a lot. It's almost as bad as a neighborhood full of housewives.

Attempting to divert my attention, the two of them changed the subject. It's not like I didn't see what they were trying to do, but at this point, it didn't really care anymore.

Aoban asked me a lot of questions, mostly about mother. He seemed to be worried about her, so I told him about Yoko and Harri, leaving out the details. Obviously, I omitted to mention anything about their true origins or their personalities. Brother only needed to know that mother was safe. Those two were weirdoes, but they were trustworthy and that's all I needed.

Lukas was much more silent. He merely listened, seemingly enjoying hearing stories about home.

In the end, the three of us talked until the sun dipped lower in the sky, announcing the end of the day and the beginning of the evening.

Aoban was the first to leave. He had to go somewhere; something related to the student council, I didn't really catch it. Lukas proposed to escort me back to my room, but I turned down the offer, not wanting to bother him any longer. Besides, I wanted some time alone. However, I clearly not expected to be attacked on my way back to the dormitory.

Before I knew it, someone sneaked behind me and put his hand over my mouth, preventing me to scream. To be honest, at that time, I was so confused that the idea didn't even cross my mind. Then, I heard him casting a spell on me. I'm pretty sure it was supposed to make me fall asleep, but obviously, the magic didn't work on me. Once he estimated that the spell had become effective, my captor put a bag over my head and placed me on his shoulder, carrying me like a bag of potatoes.

Which lead us to the current situation.

When I finally came to understand what was happening, I realized it was too late to warn my abductor that I was still conscious, so I decided to play dead. I was curious as to why I was being kidnapped. Besides, it's been a long time that I stopped being conscious of the dangers around me.

My captor seemed pretty strong. While it's true that I was shorter, and thus lighter than the other kids of my age, no one is supposed to lift a fourteen year old that easily. However, he didn't emit a lot of mana.

First, I thought that I was being abducted because of my status. Noble kids being snatched away for a ransom were something that occurred pretty often. If that is the case, then my captor is going to be very disappointed. I highly doubt my uncle would pay anything for me.

However, thinking about it, this scenario was very unlikely. What kind of idiot would abduct a kid at their own school? Besides, it wasn't any school. It was the Arcane Academy. It was protected by a barrier, and the only way to get in was this special ring given to the students and the staff members. Moreover, if I'm guessing right, those rings are all unique. Once they are given an owner, they will only react to their mana, making it impossible to steal them. Which means that my captor belonged to the school.

So, guess number 2: someone hired an insider to get rid of me, blaming it on the school. Oh, and when I say someone, I already have a good idea of who it is. My uncle wouldn't do something as reckless as this, so who else but my aunt? She is totally the kind of person to stab you in the back when you're not watching. Besides, I had already noticed that she started to become rebellious, my warning of twelve years ago slowly losing its effect.