Chapter 6

I sit up and throw my phone at the couch in the corner of my room.

"What did I just get myself into?" I mumble and run a hand down my face. "Two months to get fit enough to fight Luke. I need to get started."

Standing up, I slip on a sweatshirt and head downstairs to the kitchen. I can't have any temptations and that includes what I eat. I open the fridge to see mostly healthy foods but some junk food in the corner. Reaching in, I take the stash that consists of pudding, frozen candy, and a leftover piece of cake from my brother's birthday and set it all on the counter. I then open the freezer and take out the last of the ice cream and an empty box of fudge bars. I set it next to the other foods on the counter then turn to the pantry.

I walk in and grab a bag of candy that's a third full, a box of fruit roll-ups, and the half-full jar of cookies. I walk back out and set it all on the counter as well. Lastly, I turn to the cabinets.

I end up going through the whole kitchen picking out all the junk food I could find. I found my dad's secret stash of snickers, my little sister's small bag of jellybeans, and my brother's box of beer in the garage. I turn to look at the counter and it makes me feel unhealthy just by looking at the pile of junk. I look at the microwave to see that it is four in the morning.

"Well... I guess I won't be going to sleep then tonight," I think before going to my mom's office and turning on the computer. I go to YouTube and search: Best workouts to get fit quick.

It loads for a few seconds then videos start to pop up. I click on the first one and sit back and watch one after another.

***

"Axton...."

"Axton."

"Axton!"

I open my eyes slowly to see my brother, Drew, looking down at me with a face of amusement.

"What?" I grumble, sitting up in the office chair. My neck cracks and I wince in pain.

"Did I fall asleep... in the office?"

"Mom wants to talk to you," Drew says, starting to walk away. I spin around in the chair while rubbing my neck.

"About what?" I ask standing up and walking out. Drew points at the counter that has all the junk food on it. "Oh..."

"Yeah. Oh. What is this about?" My mom asks. I look at her and smile.

"Well... it's a new idea," I say, and she puts a hand on her hip.

"What is it?" She asks and I walk over to the counter.

"Okay. This is all the junk food and drinks I found in the kitchen. Other than chips," I start to explain and my sister, Autumn, walks in.

"Duh," she says and smiles innocently. I smile at her and sit down to pull her onto my lap.

"I was thinking that since all of us want to lose weight, even just a little, we should start with food. To be healthy you have to eat healthy right?" I ask and my family nods.

"But do we have to get rid of all of the junk stuff?" Drew asks and slowly starts to drag his pack of beer away from the pile.

"Yes..." I mumble, laughing and grabbing it to put it back where it was before.

"Damn it," he says but shrugs anyway.

"So why all of a sudden?" Mom asks and I think of a reason.

"Uh..." I hum and think of Luke and Olive.

"What am I supposed to tell my family? There's this girl that I like and she has a very protective guy that wants to fight me because he wants me to stay away from her, so I've decided to get fit just so I can kick his butt... that probably wouldn't be the best thing to say."