Chapter 17

I lay in bed, looking up at my ceiling, thinking.

"What am I doing? Kissing a stranger? What would Jason and Sarah think?"

I need to talk to Jason. I reach over and grab my phone and pull up our chat.

"Wait. Would he even want to talk to me? I've been avoiding both him and Sarah this whole time. There would be no way in hell that he would want to talk to me like before. It's worth a try though... Eh. Why not just try?"

Me: Hey.

Wow. Great way to start off a conversation.

Jason: Hey man. You alright?

He responds quicker than I thought... it is midnight.

Me: I just wanted to apologize. I realized that I've pushed you away, along with Sarah and the thing is is that I really need you guys.

Jason: I understand Ax. Don't feel bad about pushing us away okay? It happens.

Me: I feel so selfish because of it.

Jason: Sarah and I talked about it about a week ago and we both understand that this is something that hurt you and we all know that when you get hurt you tend to want to fix everything by yourself. We know why you pushed us away and we also know that you will come back eventually. Don't stress about it. We won't leave you.

Me: Do you and Sarah want to hangout sometime?

Jason: How about after school tomorrow? I'll even pick you up for school. By the way, who has been giving you a ride to and from school?

Me: I walk.

Jason: You walk?

Me: Yeah. I wake up really early.

Jason: Yeah no kidding. That's a whole three miles.

Me: Yeah it sucks.

Jason: Well I guess Sarah and I will see you tomorrow.

Me: Alright. I'll cya. Thanks for understanding.

Jason: No problem. Goodnight.

Me: Goodnight.

I turn off my phone and place it on my desk.

"I'm a mess."

I rub my eyes tiredly and sit up, looking around my room.

"Things need to change if I'm going to be there for Olive."

I stand up and look down at my laundry covered floor. #1: Fix Friendships. Check. #2: Clean Room.

I lean down and start collecting all of my dirty clothes that I had thrown off to the side without a care. I walk over to my basket by my door and place the small bundle of laundry in it and turn around and grab the rest that started to clutter in my closet. Once I finish, I put the rest in my basket and quietly bring it to the laundry room and set it by the washer for me to work on tomorrow.

As I walk back to my room, I'm startled by my sisters bedroom door opening. I press my back to the wall as I watch her walk out and enter the bathroom across the hall before closing the door behind her. I tiptoe past the door and slip silently in my room and close the door without a sound. I lean against my door as I look around my semi-decent room. I take a look at my desk to see papers scattered on the top and on the floor around it.