Chapter 7

"Dude, I'm so mad that you've been working out without me," Jason says, sitting on the ground next to my locker. It's been a week since we began our fitness journey and over the weekend Jason just so happened to get sick.

"You're the one that got the flu," I say, and he hits the back of my knee. I don't budge.

"Ugh! Even your legs are stronger!" He yells and I 'shh' him looking around.

"Shut up. I don't want people to know," I say, and he scoffs.

"You don't want people to know you're getting stronger?"

I roll my eyes, shutting my locker and sliding down next to him. "I don't want the attention."

"Okay, fine."

"Hey, Axton," I hear a voice above me and look up to see Olive doing her combo.

"Hey, Olive," Jason says in pretend offense.

She laughs. "Hey, Jason." He smiles satisfied before going back to his phone.

"Hi, Olive. How are you?" I ask and take in her outfit. She wears a short-sleeved t-shirt and leggings.

"It's fifty degrees out and the school's heater isn't working," I think to myself. "Does she know how cold she's going to get?"

"I'm fine." She starts pulling books out of her locker. "How about you?"

"I'm doing alright," I respond and suddenly Jason groans.

"I have to go get Sarah a snack from the vending machine. She's cranky today," he states before standing up and walking away. Olive and I share a look before she smiles and turns away.

"I wish someone would buy me snacks when I'm grumpy," she mumbles, and I stand up.

"I'm sure Luke would," I state, and her cheeks redden. I lean against my locker and look down to see goosebumps covering her arms.

"Do you have a jacket?" I ask and she looks at my flannel.

"Do you need one?"

I chuckle while shaking my head. "No, I don't need one, but I noticed you seem to be cold..." I mumble as I point to her arms. She looks down and smiles.

"I'm not that cold," she states, causing me to frown.

"Do you want to borrow my flannel? You can wrap it around your waist just in case you get cold," I suggest.

"Won't you need it? I don't want you to get cold," she says, and I wave a hand in the air.

"I'll be fine."

"Really?" She asks. "You wouldn't mind?"

"I don't mind," I say with a shrug. "We have practice later so you can give it to me then."

She nods and I pull my flannel off my arms. I reach out to give her it, but she looks down at her arms full of books.

"Uh..." I mumble.

"Here," she starts to bend down. "I'll set down my things..."

"No no, it's okay." I grab the sleeves of the flannel. "I can just wrap it around you."

She smiles and mumbles a soft, "Thanks."

I bend down, wrapping my arms around her for a second to separate the sleeves behind her back before pulling them around her waist. I make sure it is sitting right before making a knot right below her stomach.

"Good?" I ask, looking up. Her cheeks seem a little pinker, but she nods quickly.

"Yeah. Thank you so much," she says. I stand up straight and she bends down to collect the rest of her books.