Chapter 13

It's now Monday after school and I set my things down by my locker. I reach to one side and feel my back crack and then reach to the other side making it crack once more.

All day I've been trying to get rid of the soreness in my arms and back, but nothing seems to be working. I had a long session with Ray the day before and we worked on defensive and offensive moves that he thought I would need to know before the fight. I feel my body getting stronger and my movements becoming more clear. Ray notices the changes too and he thinks that I have a big advantage against Luke at his point.

I turn and see Olive making her way over through the crowd of students.

"Hey Olive," I greet when she stops at her locker.

"Hey, Axton. You got much homework for tonight?" She asks, opening her locker and putting her books in it.

"I have one thing to do, but it won't take me longer than ten minutes. You have any?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"All my teachers seemed to be completely out of it today so I finished everything during class if they had anything to give us," she says and I smile.

"That's a good feeling. Having all your work done and you can just go home and relax. Especially on a Monday," I say and she chuckles, causing my heart to flutter.

"Especially on a Monday. Do you have plans tonight?" She asks and I suddenly feel nervous.

"Uh- no, no I don't," I stutter, shaking my head and she pulls her bag onto her shoulders.

"Luke, Jamie, and I were thinking of going to get pizza around 6:30 if you wanted to join. Maybe Jason and Sarah can tag along," she explains and I check my phone.

"I don't think I have any plans for today. I would love to come and I bet Jason and Sarah would be down to grab some pizza," I say and look down at her to see her smiling.

"Okay sweet! I better get going, but text me if you can come," she says excitedly and my chest tightens.

"Yeah of course. I'll talk to you later," I say and she turns with a cute wave before walking away. I take in a breath, trying to calm my racing heart and make my way over to Jason and Sarah.

"Hey, Ax. Your cheeks are a little red, you okay?" Sarah asks when she sees me. I chuckle and nod.

"Ah ha yeah, I'm fine. Just finished talking to Olive that's all. Um, do you guys want to get pizza later?" I ask and Jason gives me a look.

"Is that even a question?" He asks and Sarah scoffs.

"We'd love to get pizza. Is there a reason you want to go out to eat?"

"Olive asked if I wanted to go and said that you two could tag along. I thought maybe it would be better if you two came because Luke and Jamie are also going," I explain and Jason groans.

"Not Luke...."

"Yeah... but you guys will come right?" I ask and they both nod.

"Of course man. I've been wanting pizza all day actually," Sarah thinks out loud and we laugh before making our way downstairs.

"Pizza is an everyday craving," Jason states and I nod moving to the side to let a couple of students pass.

"Amen to that..." I mumble and we get off the stairs, making our way to the exit doors.

* * *

"I'm on my way, calm down," Jason says over the phone. I sigh and continue my pacing in front of my bed.