Chapter 22

"This is where I always take my sister," I explain and Olive stands in front of me, looking around at the small cafe. We took off all of the extra layers so I'm wearing a loose white hoodie with dark grey sweats and Olive wears my favorite hoodie from last night with black sweats. She put her hair up into a messy bun and let loose strands fall in front of her ears.

"What's the name again?" She asks.

"Ecclesia's," I say and watch as she takes in the whole place.

"It's so cute," she says and looks back at me with a smile.

"I know right and the coffee is amazing," I say and walk beside her to the register.

"What do you normally get?" She asks and I smile at the man behind the counter.

"I get a caramel macchiato. It's a simple drink," I say and she looks up at the menu.

"Is that warm?"

"Yeah and you can get it iced if you want something cold," I say.

She purses her lips in thought. "That sounds great actually. Not the iced one though."

"Want one?" I ask and she nods softly.

"Hi, how can I help you guys?" The man behind the counter asks.

"Two caramel macchiatos," I say and he taps on the register in front of him.

"Size?"

"Grande," Olive and I say simultaneously and he smiles at us.

"For the design on top, color or no color?" He asks and I look down at Olive.

"Uh, no color," she says and I nod.

"Same," I state and the man nods before tapping on the register some more.

"Here or to go?"

"Here," I say.

"Name?" He asks.

"Axton," I respond and he pauses for a second.

"A-X-T-O-N," I say with a chuckle and he smiles.

"Total of $8.75," he says and I hand him my card. He swipes it across the top of the register and then hands it back to me.

"Thank you," I say and he nods before walking back to the many machines and beverages.

"Where did your name come from?" Olive asks as I lead her to a small booth in the corner of the room that has a window.

"What do you mean?" I ask and slide into one side and she takes the other.

"Like, where did your parents get the name Axton? It's so unique," she states and I pause to think for a second.

"I don't really know. My mom heard it once and it just stuck. I know it means "sword stone" and it's English, but honestly, I have no idea why my mom named me Axton," I say and run a hand through my hair and fix my glasses.

"I was expecting some weird backstory to it. Well, I guess that's better than getting named after a food," she says and I let out a little chuckle.

"Were you really named after an olive?"

She nods. "My dad's favorite food is olives and well, 'it just stuck.'" She makes quotations with her fingers and I smile softly.

"I like it," I state and she smiles while looking down at her hands.

"Thanks...." She mumbles and I watch her silently. She sniffs and I watch as her nose scrunches in the most adorable way. I watch as her eyes move from her hands to the window and I smile to myself.