Chapter 25

I wake up and stretch my arms above my head while letting out a yawn. I look around and see Ray and Maddie ended up with Ray on the floor and Maddie covering the whole mattress with her arms and legs every which way, and Jason and Sarah still cuddled up on the couch. I look down to see Olive curled into my side with her arms bent in between us as if trying to stay warm. I bring my hand of the arm her head is resting on and rest it on the curve of her side while I bring the covers up to her shoulders with my other hand. She silently shifts closer into my side and I smile lightly.

"Ax?" I hear a whisper across the room and look over to see Ray sitting up with his hair a tangled mess.

"Yeah?" I whisper back and he rubs his eyes tiredly.

"When are you wanting to wake everyone up?" He asks quietly and I look at the clock on the wall to see it is 8:25 a.m.

"Five more minutes," I respond and he nods, looking down at Maddie.

"She pushed me off...." He mumbles and a smile shows up on his face.

"Is she always like that?" I ask and he nods wrapping his blanket more around him.

"Every time," he says and I chuckle. Olive sniffs softly in her sleep and I freeze while looking down at her. She releases one of her arms and stretches it before letting it drop so it lays across my stomach.

"You're smiling like an idiot," Ray whispers and I look over at him, making my smile go away.

"I was?" I ask and he nods.

"Does everything she do make you happy or something?"

"Well, yeah," I state, not sure how to word it.

"That's good. You both make each other happy," he states and I raise an eyebrow.

"I make her happy?" I ask and he scoffs quietly.

"Duh. She's constantly smiling when you're around and if you didn't make her happy, why would she hangout with you all the damn time?" He asks and I take another moment to look at her.

"We're friends... that's all," I say, looking back at him.

"But I bet if you asked her, she would be okay with being more than friends," he says and I shrug.

"She got into a break up not even a month ago, I'm not wanting to rush her."

"Don't wait too long. She could find another guy if you're not careful," he says, leaning back on his elbows.

"She most definitely could. Any guy would be lucky to have her," I say and he groans quietly.

"Don't think that way Ax. You think that way and you'll never get what you want. You have to make your feelings known so she knows and then you will have a chance. Sure any guy would love to have her, but you want her more than them don't you?"

"I mean, yeah...." I mumble and Ray throws his arms up.

"My point is proven. Don't hold back and let her know. You don't have to tell her verbally, but put some effort into your actions. Nice job with the cuddling position, but you've slept together like that before so she probably isn't thinking much of it," he points out and I look down at Olive.

"I'll try," I whisper and everything is quiet for a few minutes as I lean my head back and close my eyes. I feel Olive's every breath with my hand and her heartbeat against my side. I feel myself starting to doze off while taking in the moment when Ray decides it's time for everyone to wake up.

"Merry Christmas!" His loud voice makes me jump causing me to wake Olive. Her head pops up and I notice how one side of her hair is more messed up from laying that side of her head on my chest. I look over to see Sarah sit up while stretching her arms above her, Jason laying back, rubbing his eyes, and Maddie still asleep.