Chapter 23

It's been a few weeks since then and let's say nothing really has changed. Luke completely ignores Olive, but that's okay. She ignores him too and she says that she's thankful because she can get over him faster than if he stuck around. Olive and I, well, we hang out a lot. Every day after school we go to one of our houses and finish our homework together. I thought it'd be a good idea because we both have the same subjects so we can help each other when we need help. Even though it's just homework, I really enjoy it.

She also has been wearing less makeup and her hair natural, even to school. I'm just going to mention that she looks fantastic when she does. I have told her that and she just brushes it off like it's nothing, but I still catch the blush on her cheeks. Her puppy is pretty cute too. It's an Airedale Terrier named Marley and he is very cuddly. He will come over to us while we are sprawled out on the floor or the couch with all of our books and just lay down by one of us. He's adorable and a really mature dog for how young he is.

After homework, we normally sit around and talk about what happened in our day or what's planned for tomorrow. We talk about anything and everything. Lately, we've been running out of things to say, but that's a good thing. Shows that we're getting to know each other better. Olive has been really strong. She hasn't cried, she hasn't lost her cool around Jamie or Luke, and she hasn't changed either. She's the same Olive from before the breakup. She hasn't become a depressed, sad, cheated on girl. I told her that the other day and she said that it was all thanks to me and that made me happy.

Olive also has been getting closer to my own friends. We go with Jason, Sarah, and Ray to hang out every weekend and I think she makes a perfect addition to the group. Ray has also invited Maddie to join us as well and she is a amazing. Just like Ray, but more feminine, of course. She is lively and always positive and I'm glad because we always need more positivity every now and then. It's been great. Everyone around me is happy, school is going smoothly, and Christmas and New Years are coming up fast.

Christmas is tomorrow actually. My family doesn't do much other than going to party with some relatives three hours away every other year. The years we don't go to the party are my favorites. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing my family, but the years we don't go up to see them are when the kids get to chose to do whatever they want to do to spend the holiday.

I always choose to spend it with friends. That's why, right now, I'm cleaning my house because Olive, Jason, Sarah, Ray, and Maddie are all coming over tonight and then sleeping over so we can wake up and go out to have breakfast and then exchange gifts back at my house. I have to organize the downstairs so I can fit a mattress on the ground in between the couches because then everyone will have a place to sleep.

My mom always had a rule that girls get the couches, boys get the floor. That was when I was in middle school and my only friends were Jason and Sarah. So this year, I was thinking Maddie and Ray get the mattress, Sarah and Jason get the couch, and Olive and I share the loveseat, just like the last time she spent the night. I had sent this separately to all of them and they all thought it would be fine. Even Olive.

So that's what I am doing. I had already made plans for dinner which consists of all of us going to eat at Twelve, which is fancier than I wanted, but the girls wanted to go, and then for breakfast, we will go to Xavier's downtown and he will make us his famous pancakes, eggs, and bacon. Yes, his restaurant is more of a lunch and dinner place and it normally would be closed on Christmas, but he's making an exception for us.

They're all coming around 6:30 pm and it's 5:30 pm now. Ray will be arriving early because he wants to set up his Christmas gift for Maddie before she arrives. I honestly have no idea what he's going to do, but I guess I'll just be surprised also.