Emotional

I finish my online homework and close my laptop. The size of my stomach and the stress of school has caused me to move to Cyber School.

My phone says I have about an hour until Lilianna picks me up for my appointment. An hour of doing absolutely nothing but dwell on the case and think about the baby.

My phone goes off and a text from Nate appears.

Nathaniel: Harrison came to school with a black eye and a swollen face. Somebody kicked his arse

I smile at the censored language and the fact that Harrison is getting punished. I have to find out who so I can send a thank you card to them.

"I have to run out to work quickly. I'll be back in a few hours!"

"Okay!"

"Call me if you need anything!"

I hear the front door slam and the lock click. The bed creaks as I stand from the bed, stretching my stiff legs before texting Nate back.

Cecilia: He deserves it

Nathaniel: :)

Cecilia: What? Don't like my twisted side?

Nathaniel: No. I just wish that it was me that destroyed his ugly face

His words, oddly, make me happy. It's a strange, sick way of showing that he cares for me.

Cecilia: Don't want to destroy your perfect attendance, do you?

Nathaniel: Even if it breaks my mother's heart, I'll miss school to get revenge for you. She'll understand

My emotions go crazy again. Tears leak down my face. My heart swells. Metaphorically, of course.

Nathaniel: Since you aren't responding, I'm guessing that you are either on the toilet or crying. Please don't tell me I made you cry

Cecilia: Neither

Nathaniel: Don't lie to me. I made you cry, didn't I?

Cecilia: I plead the fifth

Nathaniel: I'll make it up to you after school

Cecilia: Can't. Lili is taking me to the next ultrasound

Nathaniel: And I'm not invited? Ouch

Cecilia: I need to go in there with a clear mind. I can't have you messing with my thoughts when I'm making important decisions like if I want to know the gender or not!

Nathaniel: So you admit that I mess with your head?

Cecilia: No comment

Nathaniel: ;)