Snuggles

I snuggle up against Nathaniel. I rest my head on his chest.

"I've missed you so much, Cecilia."

"I've missed you, too."

I struggle to keep the words in, not ready to say it.

"God how could I have screwed up so bad. I should have trusted you by now."

He kisses my forehead, pulling me tighter against him.

"It's fine, Celia. We're back together now. That's all that matters."

I nod, propping myself up and kissing his lips. It starts out slow, but then speeds up, each of us equally desperate. Nate is the first to pull back.

"We shouldn't be doing this, Celia. You're still recovering for delivering."

"Who said it has to be more than kissing?"

I'm not very good at seduction. Especially not when I still look like a female version of the Pillsbury doughboy.

Nathaniel's hands wander up and down my back. He's deep in thought. He's debating whether or not to kiss the lumpy sack of flesh that is my current self.

"Who says I'll be able to control myself when I get my lips on such a beautiful woman?"

His words should paralyze me with fear, but they don't. I'm more than excited to see what he's capable of. I lean in, my tongue running along the outer shell of his ear.

"Who says I want you to be in control?"

With those nine words, Nathaniel gives in. He flips around so that his body is hovering over mine. His lips crash into mine.

It's like he's starving.

And I'm that delectable piece of cake he craves so much.