Origins

I tap my pencil against my notepad, staring down at the list of possible names I have scribbled down. Frustrated, I stand from the couch and waddle onto the back patio.

"Dad, how did you and mom come up with my name?"

He starts laughing.

"I was wondering when you were going to ask. It was actually more of a, 'my friends say I won't do it so I will'."

"What do you mean by that?"

"One of her friends handed her a book filled with baby names. She flipped open to a random page and pointed at a random name."

"Seriously? No meaningful backstory?"

"No. I don't regret it, though. Cecilia is the perfect name for you."

I cock my head.

"How so?"

"A unique name for a unique girl."

"Thanks, but that doesn't really help."

"Trying to come up with names already?"

"Yeah."

"Don't you think it would be easier if you knew the genders?"

"I was thinking about that. I was going to bounce the idea off Nathaniel later."

"This is your decision."

"I know. But he's the closest thing to a father these twins have so far."

"Don't let your hormones alter your thoughts. I'm not doubting that you love him, but just wait until after the pregnancy to admit anything. You're emotions are haywire."

He's 100% right. Maybe this feeling I have is just my hormones being off.

"Ok. Thank you for the advice."

"Any time, Celia."

I waddle back into the house, still no closer to picking out a name than before.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still on the hunt for possible baby names. I already had some sent to me via PM. Anybody have any others?

Thanks for reading!