Time

Thanks to the overreactions of my father and friends, I find myself all checked into the hospital an hour later.

"It's just a precaution, babe."

"No. It's you guys overreacting. I'm fine it's just a few contractions that's all."

But they have been getting closer together since our arrival at the hospital. Not significantly closer. Just by a minute or two here and there.

"Would you like a book or something?"

"No thank you. I'm busy plotting how I'm going to kill each and every one of you for forcing me into the hospital."

Lilianna reenters the room from talking with the doctor.

"Doc said everything is right on track. She said that you should be holding the babies by the end of tomorrow!"

"Tomorrow!"

I let my head fall back against the pillows, completely done with life. Nate takes my hand in his, rubbing his thumb in small circles.

"It's okay. I'll be here the whole time for you."

"I told you that you guys overreacted. I'm not even close to delivery! My water hasn't broke or anything!"

"What if it did and we got stuck in traffic or something and you delivered the twins in the car?"

I scrunch my nose up in disgust.

"Ew. That's almost as unsanitary as this room."

It's not the first time that I mentioned the germ-infested room. I've read all about how hospital rooms are disgusting and a massive pool for disease.

Delivering in a hospital was not my first choice, but it was the only way to keep my father happy. He didn't want any possible complications occurring with a homebirth. He definitely didn't want the twins in the contraction atmosphere that currently surrounds the outside of the garage.

Another contraction hits hard. I squeeze Nate's hand against the pain. I've chosen to do an all natural labor as opposed to using an epidural. Nate just brushes my hair out of my face, a sympathetic look on his face.