Daughters

I cradle both the girls in my arms, anxious to announce the names. Nate finally enters with Delilah. He takes Baby B and Delilah stands next to my father and Lili.

"I know you are all wondering what the names are, so it is my pleasure to introduce to you...", I gently tilt the baby in my arms so that everyone can see her, "...baby Julien Rose."

The reactions are all positive. They all seem to like the name.

"And her sister, baby Emerson Delilah."

Delilah reacts just how I expected, she starts crying. Nate hands her Emerson and she smiles. My dad takes Julien out of my arms.

"What's the last name?"

I swallow, hoping I don't offend him in anyway as the name leaves my lips.

"King."

This shocks both Nathaniel and Delilah. My dad doesn't seem fazed by it. The corner of his lip tugs into a half-smile.

He's not mad.

"I mean, if that's okay with Nathaniel."

"I'd be honored for the girls to have my last name."

He hugs me and whispers in my ear at the same time.

"Now I just have to get you to take my last name."

His words startle me but that isn't sounding like such a bad idea.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you didn't unscramble the letters, the name is Julien Rose. 

Thoughts on the names?

See you all in the next part! 

(Hopefully!)