Chapter I - Close To Heaven

Prologue...

The air was cold, crisp and had the scent of blood. Everybody was in position in case anything went sour.  Until there came a series of unfortunate events, leading to the Underworld's almost destruction.

4 months earlier...

Grannum's POV

The sun was on my face as I got off my bunk at the base. Its been months since I saw her beautiful face, her beautiful eyes, her crimson red hair. I miss her so much. I wish I had her right next to me. I got up and wore my Misfits tank top, army trousers, finger less skeleton gloves and walked down to the base center, The Cave.

 I got up and wore my Misfits tank top, army trousers, finger less skeleton gloves and walked down to the base center, The Cave

"Why so glum, chum?" Resin asked about my demeanor this morning.

"I miss her, Resin. So goddamn much."

"I do, too. Just have to be strong."

"Anybody else who miss their girlfriends, say now or forever hold your peace."

"Aye." Looks like Argent stepped up, " and my little son, too."

"My little godson, Blake. looks more like his mom than his dad." I held a laugh before Argent kicks my ass.

"Grannum. Really?"

"You know its true. He's got her eyes."

"Grannum, Resin, Argent. You got a task to do." Lets just say Hades, my dad, king of The Underworld, official leader of this precinct, has been giving us a rather wild set of missions to carry about.

"What's the task, Your Deathlessness?"

"You three are gonna protect the Ambassador of Tartarus because he's coming to discuss business. Also, keep an eye out for any terrorists who might want to assassinate, Resin, that's your department.

"Got that covered." Resin pulled out a .50 cal sniper with an extended clip, Resin and his clips.

50 cal sniper with an extended clip, Resin and his clips

2 hours later...

We stood by waiting for the ambassador to arrive listening to Maybe I by Farewell, My Love and i just muttered the lyrics:

  Maybe I, can reach and touch the sky

 Maybe I, can't see the light behind the glimmer in my eyes

 Maybe I can have another chance to set it all ablaze and then we'll dance beneath the ashes that remain  

" Okay, your really not in the mood today. Dude, focus." Argent said snapping me out of my thought.

"Sorry, guys. Just lost in the clouds." We saw the limo show up with the ambassador.

"Prince Grannum." The ambassador greeted us.

"Ambassador Al-Shahid. Welcome to The Underworld. These are my other guards, Resin and Argent. they will be assisting me in your visit, sir." Why am I so formal?

We drove to the palace, not keeping our guard off the ambassador. "So Hades tells me you're quite the average wolf."
"I don't like to brag, but you could just say I'm an average.
"Well, my nephew is a great marksman, just like Resin here."
"Your nephew?"
"Yes, Askari Djinn Al-Arja." Wait. Hold up. Let's just take this in for a moment. Djinn's uncle is the ambassador of Tartarus?!
"Oh, Djinn. Well he is a great marksman, really good with knives." Oh my Hades.
The palace...
The ambassador's wolves came as well. I wonder who could that be.
It was when I saw her. Her red hair, her beautiful eyes. She's here.
"Grannum?" She's here.