Chapter VII - Sugar, Honey, Ice and Tea

So it's been a couple of weeks since the ladies are back and James joins our little family, yeah I like him a lot, (insert twisted grin) but it doesn't mean we're out of the woods, looks like Vertigo's threat went viral and the kingdom's in a frenzy.
"When will this end?" I sat on my lawn chair, on my balcony, sipping on iced tea, just looking at everyone knocking on my door, asking if I'm alright.
"Damn that's a lot of people." James actually looked.
"Yeah, that's North Gate for ya. When the news spread that Grannum was prince, they flocked his house like a virus." Argent noted.
"It was horrible."
"Anyways, Grannum?"
"Yeah, James?"
"This may come off personal not it's for Red's sake. Did you and Red ever had "it"?"
"Wait, sex?"
"You didn't have to say it like that, damn."
"Of course. I intended to marry her, then do the deed, but she jumped the gun. Like she needed to feel my body against her."
"She was always headstrong. Just don't leave her. I don't want my little cousin broken again."
"James, as long as she's here with me, I know will be ok."
"She always says that."
"Hey, Daddy." Red surprised me and kissed my neck.
"Yes, Red?"
"She really likes calling you Daddy, doesn't it?"
"James, you know very well what I had to be forced to do, so yeah it grew off."
"Ok, Red, sheesh." James backed away in defense.
"Where in the seventh circle of hell are the lovebirds anyway?" Really wanted to get some have band practice in.
"Well, Resin and Malina are out, they needed a date to patch things up. Hayley, Argent and Blake are at a playdate. It's so cute." I rested my head on Red's shoulders.
"At least Argent's taking dad duty serious." I chuckled then my whole face changed.
"Grannum, I know you blame yourself for what happened."
"Red, I should've made it in time to save you, our little miracle."
"Grannum, I know. Just don't beat yourself up about it. Besides, we need to talk, mister."
"Hayley told you, didn't she? Red, I am so sorry, princess. I thought I was getting better but I wasn't."
"I don't blame you. I felt the same way too. Thanks to Malina, I got through and I'm sure the guys helped you out."
"Hades ordered them to keep an eye on me so yeah, they had no choice."
"I'm just happy you're in my arms again, Grannum."
"Me too, princess." I cupped her face and kissed her like I haven't in ages."
"I love you."
"I love you too." The house phone rang.
"Hello?"
"Grannum?" Cruella?
"Cruella, what's up? You sound scared."
"Help me." The line went dead.