Chapter XIV - You Wear A Crown But You're No King.

The next morning...
Wolf gathered all the generals, advisors and woke me up on a Saturday, EARLY, just to hear his proclamations as King.

"The Underworld. Our sovereign kingdom, is currently under siege. And with the death of our father and mother, we're all that's left. The Demon King took advantage of this and moved his armies onto our doorstep. I know what I must do now. We will wipe out all Demon bases, apprehend all demons in the Underworld and all the kingdoms."
"But Wolf, the demons in the city mean no harm to the crown." I had to butt in, I had a hunch that Wolf will do something stupid.
"I know, but the hardest choices require the strongest wills, a it's a small price to pay for salvation. It's time we stand up and fight back the demon menace, we will stand tall."
3 hours later...
I had to talk to Wolf. Seeing how he's King, he gotta act like it, but as my brother, we need to talk.

"Wolf. We need to talk."
"You're pissed off about this morning and I understand, something was telling me not to wake you up."
"Not that, what you said in the meeting."
"Oh, that. I know, me too but Grannum, as King, sacrifices gotta be made. Don't worry. The advisors are talking to them and things will be settled, peacefully." And then the unthinkable happened.
"King Wolf!! They're rioting outside!!" One of the Messengers came in the room.
"Peacefully, you say?" We looked out the window and there were rioting demons wanting Wolf's head,"I'll take care of this, stay here." So I went to the gate and did something I'm known for doing. I actually had to bark to get everyone's attention.
"Listen up. We all know you're pissed off with The King, I am too, but it doesn't mean that you have to come here and try to rip his head off, he's new to being King and mistakes like this will happen, but right now he's just focusing on the safety of the kingdom, and all of you."
"But by sacrificing us like lambs to slaughter?" Someone concerned asked.
"He had to make a harsh decision because he thought it was a small price to pay for our safety. As Prince, I know I can't do much but I can guarantee that your lives will not be at stake, that you'll never go hungry again, that your hard work will not go in vain, our advisors and our hard working Wolves will make sure that you all are safe. You are not alone."
And then everyone started cheering, "Grannum for King!" I know that I'm far away from being King, but the way everyone is smiling and rejoicing, that's what it is to be a king. You gotta see about your kingdom first.

Wolf's POV
I gotta say, Grannum does have the tendency to be King. He's smart, willful, and now they made him voice of the kingdom. I know being King isn't easy but the way how he handled the situation, he knew what had to be done.

"Looks like your own brother did your job." Mira kissed me on the cheek as we watched Grannum bask in victory.
"I know he's gonna be a great King. Seems I got a lot to learn."

That night...
I walked around the palace and looked at the family tree, still burning as bright as a candle.

"I know. It's beautiful, right?" Mira looked at me like I've seen a ghost.
"I just wish Dad was here. I had so many questions."
"I know, Grannum. Wolf feels the same way too. I mean, The Underworld took a heavy loss over their deaths, but you and Wolf made a promise. You guys will be great Kings." She hugged me because she knew what I was going through.

The next morning...

I woke up to the sounds of Exodus by blessthefall as day 2 of being Prince begins. Wish me luck.

The stage is set, the disillusion begins
You tell yourself that you can't believe them
They're gonna say what they want you to hear
You should be dead now just like the rest

You took your shots, and I swallowed the bullets
You did your worst and I'm dying to prove it
They're gonna say what they want you to hear
You should be dead now just like the rest

They'll forget you, and everything that you are
Stop pretending, you're just like the rest

I'm where you wanna be, and I can see straight till the end
When the lights go out you know that it's all or it's nothing
I know that we, we will hold our own
When the lights go out you know that it's all or it's nothing

We won't fall!

The stage is set, the panic's starting to grow
You see the terror in no tomorrow
They're gonna say what they want you to hear
You should be dead now just like the rest

They will forget you, and everything that you are
So stop pretending, you're just like the rest

I'm where you wanna be, and I can see straight till the end
When the lights go out you know that it's all or it's nothing
I know that we, we will hold our own
When the lights go out you know that it's all or it's nothing

We won't fall!

This lives in all of us, this lives in all of you [x3]

I can see in the light of your eyes, I can see through all the lies
This lives in all of us, inside of all of us! [x2]

Inside of us all! [x2]

Day 2 wasn't that strenuous except for doing most of Wolf's job, cutting ribbons, meeting with the people, it was a lot of walking, and a lot of work.
I ended up getting a coffee in Starbucks and continued the day running on empty.

Back at the palace...
I limped up the steps in tiring pain. I. Was. Exhausted.
"Oh, you're back. I need you to-" And here goes Wolf.
"OH WOULD YOU PLEASE SHUT YOUR ROYAL ASS?! I'VE BEEN UP AND DOWN THE ENTIRE DAY!! DO YOU KNOW HOW EXHAUSTED I AM, WOLF?!"
"Whoa, chill. I totally understand. And I'm sorry I did that to you. I know you're tired and exhausted, I just wanted you to know if you wanted to go to dinner with Mira and I, Red's coming too, don't worry.