Chapter XVI - Cold Like War

(A/N ok so, keep this in mind. 1 human year = 10 undead years)
Grannum's POV
1 year later...
It's been a year since 'It' happened. And it still hurts like hell. Snow falls around The Underworld like a white fluffy blanket.

"Daddy, mommy, wake up! It's snowing!" Welp. There goes sleep. Looks like Selenia's awake.
"She's so cute when she does this." Red muttered in her sleep.
"It's so cute it's adorable." I actually pretended I was asleep just to seize this moment as a dad.
"Ok princess, I'm up, I'm up." I got up and held Selenia, "You're a happy camper today, aren't you?" I started tickling her and she giggled.
"Go get ready, we'll be there in a minute, ok pumpkin?" Red said, Just waking up.
"Ok!!!" And she ran right out the room screaming excitedly.
"Be careful!!" Red giggled at my little fatherly touch.
"That's so sweet of you, Grannum." I kissed her on her cheek and got up.
And then this happened.
"I DON'T WANNA CLOSE MY EYES, DON'T WANNA FALL ASLEEP,
CAUSE I MISS YOU, BABY, sing it Resin!!" Oh dear.
"AND I DON'T WANNA MISS A THING!!!" Resin and Argent's singing voices when they just woke up, it's so horrible it's funny as hell, especially when singing Aerosmith.
"Argent and Resin's singing?" Red just giggling away.
"It gets funnier every time."
So we all get up, had breakfast, Selenia was just so excited to go on the garden and play in the snow.
I wore my Amity Affliction tee, black skinnies, black hoodie, black ushanka and black Vans, I looked at my little family and just imagined how it grew, from just Resin, Argent and I to this, especially little Selenia, Unicorn leapt on my lap and I cuddled him, I mean Resin and Argent found Unicorn back in the academy.
"Yeah Unicorn, I see it too, look how far we've come." My hand went through his mane and he purred. I sang Lost In The Moment by We Came As Romans just admiring everyone having fun,

Am I drifting through existence?
Is my life just passing by?
With the ever-growing distance
Am I leaving me behind?

Like a part of my past trapped in the hour glass
That will never break
Will I breathe again
And let the colours in, surrounding me?

I wanna live lost in the moment
With my eyes wide, breathing new life
I wanna let go of the burden
With my eyes wide for the first time
Seeing time flying by, it won't stop
Cause today's all we got to lean on
I wanna live lost in the moment
Lost in the moment, woah

We've been drifting through existence
Cause we're trapped behind our eyes
We're to blame for our indifference
When nobody questions why

Like a part of my past trapped in the hour glass
That will never break
Stuck in black and white
Drowned in old headlines
That nobody will read

I wanna live lost in the moment
With my eyes wide, breathing new life
I wanna let go of the burden
With my eyes wide for the first time
Seeing time flying by, it won't stop
Cause today's all we got to lean on
I wanna live lost in the moment
Lost in the moment, woah

I won't be caught in the hands of time

I wanna live lost in the moment
Lost in the moment
Lost in the moment
I wanna live lost in the moment

With my eyes wide open with a new life
I wanna let go of the burning
With my eyes wide open for the first time
Seeing time flying by, it won't stop
Cause today's all we got to lean on
I wanna live lost in the moment
Yeah lost, lost in the moment again
Lost in the moment again

I won't be caught in the hands of time
(I won't be caught in the hands of time)

I lifted up Selenia and hoisted her over my head and just walking around with her, not gonna lie, today was a good day with everyone I love, my family.

The next morning...
Wolf and I were just coming out of the cemetery to celebrate Dad's death and we're heading up the stairs of the palace until I heard a ringing noise in my ear, it was so loud I couldn't hear myself, all I just saw was Wolf. Bleeding. Badly.
"WOLF!!!!" I drove as fast as I can to the prison infirmary, hoping I can save the only family I have left.
"Oh my God, Grannum!!" Ally could tell I was not in a good mood, "He needs emergency surgery, stat. COME ON PEOPLE, LET'S GO GO GO!!!" Looks like Ally meant business this time.

7 hours later...
Everyone heard what happened. Good thing Selenia was at James', I don't want her to experience this firsthand, not like this.

I held Red so close to me. Like I wouldn't let go.

"Wolf?" Everyone stood up.
"I'm his brother."
"Grannum, I can't believe I'm saying this, but he's not gonna make it. We did all we could, we did everything we can to save him. But he wants to talk to you, alone."
I walked into the room, holding all my tears back. I can't take this anymore.
"Hey bro." He wheezed.
"Hey. How you holding up?"
"Not good. Grannum, promise me something."
"What is it?"
"Take good care of Mira. Watch over her for me. Promise me you'll be a great King. Please I'm begging you. And another thing," he whispered in my ear and I felt something in my hand. And just like that, he flatlined. Right in front of me. Tears started falling and emotions started to show.
"Don't leave me. Not like this. Please, Wolf, I'm begging you." I cried into his lifeless body as Ally and everyone started to grab me.

Back at the palace...
Mira felt it the worst. The most I could do is just hold her and comfort her.
"It's gonna be alright. We'll push through this. He wants you to be strong."
"Grannum, I miss him so much!" She cried into my chest as hard as possible.

Another fallen King. What has The Underworld fallen to?