Chapter XVII - Me Against Myself

A few days later...

Is it me against myself?
I feel like someone else
Cause I can't find my way back home and I don't wanna do it alone
Is it me against myself and everybody else?
'Cause I can't fix this on my own and I don't wanna do it alone

News spread of Wolf's death like a hailstorm. Everyone's looking at me now to lead the kingdom. But I'm not ready to take the throne.

Rielle's POV
"Grannum? Are you there?" I walked into his room and I saw a note. From Grannum.

My love Rielle,

By the time you read this, I'm somewhere far away by now. I'm sorry I left so unexpectedly, I-I'm sorry. I just can't come to grips after witnessing my entire family murdered right in front of me, who I've finally started to open up to, who I finally started to love after a short while, and just like that, gone.

Red, take care of everyone, take care of our little girl, our Tribe. I don't know if I can just assume the throne, I'm not ready, but someone would.

I love you Rielle Rosanne Ruby, my one and only. And I love all of you guys.

Don't look for me.

-Grannum.

Tears started falling from my eyes.  He disappeared. He's gone.

"GUYS, HE'S GONE!!!!" I ran out to everyone and Argent held me close.
"Calm down, Red. Who's gone?" I showed them the note and everyone was riled up.

3 hours later...
Argent became temporary King until we can find Grannum. He split everyone into search parties and we all scattered about the kingdoms, from Elysium to Underworld, we couldn't find him at all.

I went back to North Gate City, back to Orpheus and Eurydice's house and I looked for clues. I found his scent but it went cold when I walked out. He was here.

I walked back to the palace and Argent and Resin was worried.
"Anything?" Hayley asked.
"He was at his old house. Trail went cold right after. He's gone."
"He did that once back in high school."

Another Grayley flashback...
Hayley's POV
"Babe? What's wrong?"
"Flippy died." He had a ginger cat named Flippy back then.
"I'm so sorry, baby." I kissed his forehead and held him so close.
4 days later, I haven't seen him and everyone was worried.
I went to his house and I saw him in the backyard, staring at a grave.
"Hey."
"Hey babe."
"He was a really good cat."
"Yeah." He cried in my shoulder, he needed to let it all out.
"Don't go missing on me, ever again, ok?"
"Yeah. Just remember you do the same thing to me too." We both giggled and just stayed there for a while.
Flashback over...
Rielle's POV
"He always does this, but this time it's worse. And I'm worried about him."
"King Argent! It's urgent!" One of the guards came to warn Argent.
"What is it?" And that's where we saw fire at The Passage of The Dead aka the Gates. Demons have breached the kingdom.
"Weapons at the ready. Hunt them all to ground." And the war came to our doorstep.

Meanwhile...
Grannum's POV

It's been a few days. I feel really bad leaving Red like that, but it was a small price to pay for salvation. Right now I'm hiding out in a little sea village in Tartarus, where I can hope to live the rest of my days until I heard this:

"And in other news, The Underworld has been successfully sieged by demons as demon military parade the streets of The Underworld, if I'm certain, this could be the end of the kingdom as we know it."

Oh shit.

Oh fuck.

What in the Seventh Circle of Hell have I done?