Chapter X - A Hero of War

Grannum's POV
We're never gonna make it out alive.

"Whiskey Tango Delta, this is Ironsight, requesting air support!!"
"Roger that ETA 7 minutes."
"In 7 minutes, we'll be fucking dead!!"
We were pinned down our cover flank, bullets flying from every direction.
"Grannum, where's air support?" Looks like Aurora was running low.
"It's gonna be a long 5 minutes."
"Right." I ran out of ammo myself and so did everyone else. As the old saying goes, "Many have lost the battle, but won the war," Yeah, our blades were our weapons but it was a nightmare until I heard a familiar voice over the comms.
"Grannum?"
"I can't believe it, where, how?"
"Look up." And bullets and bombs started dropping, it wasn't until I saw this red-haired girl, wearing Tartaran Spec-ops gear, my skull mask and wielding a minigun. "Red?"
"I'm so sorry." Until I shot the demon behind her.
"Watch your back."
"You idiot. You'd get yourself killed for me?"
"You'd do the same."
"You're right, let's just get this over with." And it looks like Red called in everyone. When I mean everyone, everyone we know.
Red and I were outnumbered.
"You loaded?" Red asked.
"Maybe." It was only until everyone dropped at the same second.
"Resin?"
"You lovebirds would be dead without me."Resin was perched on a snipers nest, just aiming from the sights.
We were outnumbered as we ran to our exfil point we boarded the plane until Hades dropped a gigantic airstrike danger close.
"Overlord, that was too close."
"Sorry about that. Mission accomplished, though."
During the trip back...
"So Hades got the band back together."
"Yeah, figured your pack needed a little assistance."
"By the way, who's flying?"
"Who else, you idiot?" Carmelita.
"Just asking, jeez." Red's little giggle brought hope back into my life, "I thought I lost you."
"You never will. I'll make sure of that." I kissed her like I'll never lose her and she held me close.
"I'm so sorry."
"Me too. I acted like a bitch and I should've done better."
"Princess, it's not your fault. If I didn't know, I'd freak out too."
We got back to base and everyone was clapping and cheering.
"Hades, what's the meaning of this?"I was shook
"I'm so proud of you all. Especially you, Rielle, you saved him from doing something very stupid and you did it out of love." Persephone was holding my little girl in her arms as she handed her to me. "She missed you too, Grannum."
"So, Grannum, what are we gonna name her? Red was so happy.
"I have a good idea."