Chapter XV- Blessed Be

[song: Blessed Be - Spiritbox]
I dressed up in a dress shirt, black jeans, black Converse, let's just say I don't do formal, EVER.

So I walked down the stairs and Red wore her Gothic dress when we went on our first date.
"You look beautiful."
"Thanks, Grannum." She kissed me on the cheek as I held her hand.
"Let me guess, you don't do formal?" Wolf really had the time to look at me.
"Nope."
"Meh, me too, luckily it's not a restaurant we're going."
"Thank Hades, I was about to get pissed off."
Wolf kept driving, but we didn't know where.
"Where are we going, Wolf?" Mira was curious.
"Grannum knows where."
"Grannum?"
"I have no idea." I really didn't know.
It was only until I saw some very familiar lights.
"Wolf, you didn't." He did.
We went to The Rift.

"You remembered, Wolf

"You remembered, Wolf." Red was surprised.
"A little something for my bro, am I right?"
Red and I walked to where our first date was.
"Still as I remembered it. You and me, in the dark, just hanging out."
"Yeah. It was amazing. " She stretched up and kissed me as we stood there for a few, "I wanna talk to you about something."
"Anything, love."
"I want to see my dad. I really wanna mend my bond with him."
"Ok. I understand. I would've done the same thing too."
"Thanks for understanding, Grannum."
"For you, my queen." I hummed Your Call by Secondhand Serenade, just holding her against me, dancing in the moonlight.

I was born to tell you I love you,
And I am torn to do what I have to,
To make you mine
Stay with me tonight

The prison...
Rielle's POV
It's been a couple months since I last saw him, before Grannum tried to have him for dinner.
They were bringing him out and he looked really clean. Like he shaved up and looks better.
"Hey there, kiddo."
"Hi Dad. How are you holding up?"
"I'm good. Funny you came to visit."
"It was something I had to do. Dad, why did you do all that stuff to me?"
"Rielle, darling, I didn't mean to. I really didn't mean to, I was just in a very dark place, so was your mother. I'm not blaming it on the alcohol or the ladies or Rain, yeah he was in here too for a while, I felt so careless, that I didn't know I was hurting my own flesh and blood. And that's something I can't escape from."
"I understand, but it just hurts so bad and all I just wanted was you or Mom to at least say you love me."
"And I realized that now. Kiddo, I really blew it this time, and I'm so very sorry. You had all the reasons to hate me, I kidnapped you, I did things that were horrible, and I'm really ashamed of myself. But on the other hand, I'm proud of you."
"Why?"
"I'm proud of the woman you've become, my little phoenix, my shining star. I'm really glad that Grannum looked out for you, that he made sure that you were safe, even from me."
"Dad-"
"It's ok, sweetie. I'm gonna be alright."
"I know." Our hands rested on the glass that separated us.
"Can I talk to Grannum?"
"Yeah. He really does want to talk to you."
Grannum's POV
"Grannum, I know that I've done wrong-"
"Look. Red really loves you, and that's all she wanted. I know that I've treated you horrible, I know that I've mentally tortured you, but Red needs her dad. She needs you."
"I understand. And I know that you and I got off on the wrong foot, but I know that you'll make my daughter happy. I know that I fully wasn't there for her, but I'll do everything I can just to make things right."
"Don't worry. She's already got that. Because she has you."
"Grannum, that means a lot, coming from the prince."
"She just only wanted you to love her, that's all she wants and I'm there with her, every step of the way.
"Grannum, do me a favor."
"What is it?"
"I want you to take good care of my little girl. I want you to watch over her, even if I don't get out of here alive."
"I will." I started crying, like tears of blood are coming out of my eyes right now.
I got up and just walked outside. I was really broken after hearing that.
Back at the palace...
We got back home and just plopped down on the bed.
"That was really good. He's doing better."
"Yeah. It was really good seeing him." She fell asleep in my arms and I got up to check on Selenia and then I headed back to bed.