Chapter IX - Everybody Dies In Their Nightmares

2 weeks later...
It's been 2 weeks. Things haven't been the same since she left. Things were not ok at The Haven at all, the guys tried to confort me, Hades passes by every once in awhile to see how I'm doing, James is trying to get her to talk to me but still nothing. It seems like I'm a worthless piece of shit right now.

Everybody. Dies. In. Their. Fucking. Nightmares.

"Grannum?" Hayley came to see how I'm doing.
"I'm broken, Hayley. I lost her. I lost my reason to live.
"It's gonna be ok. Right now, things are kinda broken right now and you've taken a huge toll regarding Rielle. She's a strong girl, I know she'll understand."
"But she's probably going to kill herself. I'm scared and broken and lost without her right now. The possibilities of losing her after this is 25 to 1. I fucked up and I don't know if I can get her back."
Rielle's POV
I miss him also. Even though part of me hates him, I still miss him.
I went back to my house for a while and James has been trying to talk me into talking things out with him.
"James, go away."
"It's been 2 weeks. And I'm hurt seeing you like this. It's not his fault, you know."
"And you expect me to just forgive him?"
"Red, he's a broken mess right now, Hades is worried sick about both of you. When you were in Tartarus, Grannum almost kept himself together, but seeing how you broke up with him over something in the past now, you acted petty, and this isn't the Rielle I know, so just suck it the fuck up and talk to him!" In all my years, I've never seen James get pissed.
"James. I need time to think. I'm broken too."
"Talk. To. Him. I'm serious." I silently nodded, as the tears fell.
"Is it a bad time?" Resin came to see me.
"I think it is, Resin."
"Look I just wanna say, he's alive and he hasn't killed himself, yet. But he's a broken mess and still seeing about his daughter, and he's empty without you, not to mention everybody thinks you fucked up just by leaving him for that, Red, you're better than this."
"I did act a little stupid, did I?"
"More like a lot. Red, I'm helping you guys patch back up the same way y'all did for me and Malina. Just because he didn't know he had a child, you can still be with him, who knows? It's like a first hurdle for being in a family."
"Well, you're right. Right now I just wanna see him and tell him I'm sorry because James had to get pissed just to talk me out of my hatred."
"Well that's gonna be until he gets back because he and the pack got called out and it's a dangerous one."
"How serious?"
"Very. He's doing this for you."
"He's gonna get himself killed?"
"At least he wrote this before he left."

Red,
These past few weeks have been the worst without you by my side and I blame myself for this. If you're reading this, then I'm probably halfway to Elysium by now, I just want you to know that I love you, and I miss you and I need you. You've kept me afloat ever since we first met, you're the anchor that keeps my feet on the ground and the wings that kept my heart in the clouds and I know I'm talking a little too much but you gotta know that even though we're not together, I still love you no matter what. Take care of my kid, wait, did I say my, no, OUR kid. Cruella understood and she figured it'd be best for you. Rielle my kitten, Daddy's gonna be ok. I promise. Be a good girl ok?

Somewhere in the clouds,
Grannum.