Part 2

Work was done and Sorcha was ready for the weekend. Once she got home Sorcha changed into a grey camisole and some cut off shorts. She was busy cleaning house when her friend Abigail called her asking if she wanted to come over to watch a movie and hang out. Sorcha had agreed and that was why she was currently standing in the local convenient store with a case of beer in her hand.

"Drinking heavy tonight Sorcha," Harding asked as he stepped into line behind Sorcha.

Sorcha laughed. "I don't drink this shit. This is for Abigail. I'm more of a wine person.

Harding chuckled and shook his head. Everyone knew about Sorcha and Abigail's drinking preferences. They had gone to some parties when they were in high school. Abigail was the type to get snockered and Sorcha preferred to get tipsy.

"Have fun," Harding said as Sorcha finished paying for her beer.

"Thanks," Sorcha said as she left the store.

She put the twelve pack in the back of her car before she got in. Sorcha waved at a few people as she pulled out onto the highway and headed to Sneeze's liquor store. Sorcha parked next to a fancy red mustang that looked really nice and expensive. Sorcha climbed out of her car and headed inside.

"Hi Sorcha," Annie said as soon as Sorcha stepped inside.

"Hey Annie. How are you?"

"I'm fine. It's just that these old bones are foretelling a storm. Mark my words, a storm is coming."

"I'll keep that in mind. The farmer's almanac says that there's going to be some storms within the next week or so."

Another customer came in and Sorcha moved farther into the liquor store. She browsed the selection of wines and chose two that sounded good, one was a blackberry wine and the other was a peach wine with hints of strawberry and vanilla. Sorcha headed back up to check out and almost ran into Calleach. Calleach steadied her as his beautiful blue eyes caressed her face.

"I hope I didn't hurt you."

Sorcha shook her head. "I'm fine."

Calleach let her go and motioned to the bottles in her hand. "Starting the weekend a bit early."

"My friend called wanting to hang out and watch a movie. Going over to her house usually entails drinking."

Calleach grunted and stepped back so another customer could walk between them. Calleach motioned for Sorcha to precede him. "Ladies first."

"Why thank you." Sorcha giggled as took her place in line and was instantly greeted by the person in front of her.

"I heard you got a tattoo," Lance Baird said.

"I've got several Lance. Which one are you talking about?"

Lance shrugged. "I was talking to your cousin the other day and he made a comment about your new tattoo."

A soft sigh escaped Sorcha. "Let me guess, you were drinking with Zarr again."

"Duh," Lance said with a roll of his eyes. "What other cousin of yours would I be hanging out with?"

"True," Sorcha said. "But you never know. You party with Zarr so much that I'm sure you've met some of my other cousins."

Lance laughed. "No one can party like Zarr."

"I would disagree. You haven't seen my other cousins or some of my aunts and uncles party."

Lance winced. "Not sure if I want to."