Part 23

"Thank you." Calleach murmured as he settled down into bed beside Sorcha.

Sorcha frowned at Calleach as she turned off the light. "What for?"

"For getting together with the others and putting on some Highland Games. IT helped ease the passing of Cal."

"You welcome." Sorcha said as she leaned over and kissed Calleach before she settled down onto her left side.

Calleach spooned up behind her. His breath was warm against her neck and it made her shiver. Calleach's right hand wandered north to where Sorcha's breasts were. All he did was lay a hand over her breast.

"Do you know a man with the last name of Brookshire?"

Calleach shifted behind Sorcha. "I recognize the name." Calleach propped himself up on his elbow. "Why?"

Sorcha shifted slightly so that she could look at the man she loved. "I was going through a bunch of receipts early last week and several of them had that name on them."

"What as the first name?"

"I'm not sure." Sorcha frowned as she thought back to the receipts. "It started with an S, but I couldn't read the whole name."

Calleach began tracing patterns over Sorcha's naked skin. "Sean Brookshire has worked for the O'Brien family for the past ten years. He has become almost indispensible to the operations of the family." Calleach's gaze softened as he looked down at Sorcha. "How much money do you think were on those receipts he signed?"

Sorcha sighed and frowned at the ceiling as she mentally calculated the numbers that she remembered seeing. "I believe the figure would be close to $25,000."

A heavy sigh escaped Calleach. Sorcha reached up to smooth the frown on his face. Calleach smiled down at her before he settled back down again.

"Tell me what's wrong Calleach?"

"It has been apparent for some time that Sean has been hanging around with the two Nelson boys. That's the family that has been lusting after my family's wealth."

Sorcha stroked the arm Calleach had around her waist. "What shall we do?"

Calleach kissed Sorcha on the cheek. "Tonight we will sleep. Tomorrow I will call Bradley, who's a cousin of mine. Bradley works for Interpol. He'll have some insight as to what our next step will be."

Sorcha shifted slightly to a more comfortable position. "I want to be there when you talk to him."

"You'll be there," Calleach reassured Sorcha. "now go to sleep."

Sorcha rolled her eyes at Calleach before she closed her eyes and went to sleep.