Part 16

The days blended smoothly into weeks as the weather evened out and turned nice again. Sorcha's knee quit hurting. It helped that Calleach massaged her knee every night. Cal's doctor friend was able to prescribe some ointment that was easy to make our of herbs and did wonders on cutting down on the pain.

Sorcha's family and friends had found areas that struck their interest. The Sinclair brother's had all been in contact with a cousin of Calleach's that dealt with rare books. That surprised Sorcha even though their father dealt with rare and antique books. She didn't think that they were interested in that type of thing.

Zefora had started talking to an aunt of Calleach's that was an acclaimed Herbalist. Zaranth had spent many long hours talking to Cal about airplanes. Zarr and Amaranth were speaking to one of Calleach's siblings about black market antiquities. Ella was in awe of the paintings she saw and wanted to learn how to buy and sell them.

Sorcha still wasn't sure what she wanted to do yet. Calleach was willing to help Sorcha find something to do. Sorcha had been tossing around the idea of being a type of secretary for the O'Brien family. They didn't have one for the whole family. Sorcha was already used to taking and forwarding phone calls.

"Sorcha!"

Sorcha turned and was almost knocked over by Zefora as she came running up. "Hey Z, slow down."

"I'm sorry." Zefora said as she steadied Sorcha. "I've been looking for you."

Sorcha became instantly wary. "Why?"

Zefora laughed gaily. "The guys want to do some dancing."

"You're kidding me."

"No. They want to learn how to do traditional Scottish dances in order to impress the local girls."

"This I have got to see."

Sorcha and Zefora hurried to room that served as the ballroom. Zefora's brothers stood with the Sinclair boys while Ella was busy instructing them on the traditional form of Scottish dancing that was done solo. It was a great way to show off your dancing skills.

"Why are we doing this?" Zarr was busy scratching his head and looking at Ella uneasily.

Zaranth nudged Zarr. "That's because we want to see some hot girls dancing."

"I know, but can't we do this some other way."

Amaranth grunted with his arms crossed. "I actually know how to do some of this type of dancing. The rest of you are newbies and will make fool of yourselves."

Calleach stood watching Ella as she talked. He spotted Sorcha and gave her a warm smile. Sorcha grinned at him as Zefora slipped an arm around her waist and paid close attention to Ella. Ella was glowing as she spoke to everyone. Sorcha was happy for her sister. Scotland was doing wonders for Ella.

A groan escaped Sorcha as she sank into the tub of hot water Calleach had run for her. "I haven't been this sore since conditioning camp in high school."

Calleach chuckled as he sank into the tub behind Sorcha. Sorcha leaned back against Calleach. Calleach nuzzled her neck as his hands came up and began to gently fondle Sorcha's breasts.

"Your sister is a force to reckon with."

Sorcha laughed as she brought her hands up and tugged Calleach's hands away from her breasts. "You should have seen Ella when we were little. She was always dancing. Ella begged Mom and Dad to put her in dance, but they refused saying it was beneath her."