Part 5

The next morning was busy and Sorcha barely had a chance to say hi to any of her co-workers. She finally got a break around 10 when she could actually breathe and slow down a little. Sorcha made her trip round about the hospital before she headed back to her desk. Calleach stopped her as she went by his office. Sorcha reversed direction so that she could peek into his office.

"What kind of coffee do you like from Old Blue's?"

Sorcha leaned against the door frame as she studied Calleach who had given her his undivided attention. "It all depends on what I'm in the mood for. I like their lattes and frappes."

"Name the one you get the most."

"A small chai tea latte with whatever milk they make it with." Sorcha narrowed her eyes at Calleach. "Why do you ask?"

Calleach shrugged as he went back to work. "Just curious."

Sorcha didn't believe him and her intuition was correct when the next day Calleach handed her a cup of coffee. She gave him a smile and that became their morning routine. They hung out a few more times, but nothing very serious till Sorcha asked Calleach if he'd like to go with her to a full moon ritual. Calleach jumped at the chance which surprised Sorcha. He seemed to really want to go and see what Sorcha believed in.

"Please keep an open mind." Sorcha reminded Calleach as she drove them far out into the county to one of her coven mate's house.

"I promise," Calleach said as he studied the darkened landscape. "How far out in the country are we?"

"We're about twenty miles from town by the time you add all the miles together. This land belongs to Abigail's aunt. It's a safe place to meet and no one ever comes out this way. It's not prime real estate and Abigail's aunt is a little crazy so people don't like to associate with her."

"I have family like that. They are fun to be around."

Sorcha laughed as she pulled into the farmyard. There were already half a dozen vehicles parked there. A group of people stood around a fire and Sorcha headed towards them with Calleach in tow. A chorus of hellos greeted Sorcha as she was enveloped in hugs. This is why she came, to feel the love that these men and women gave her. Sorcha introduced Calleach to her coven and Sorcha was happy that her cousins were there so that Calleach knew someone besides her.

The rest of the night passed in a heady blur like it always did. There was just so much that went on that in the morning you went over in your head what happened or in Sorcha's case, she writes everything down in her journal. The morning after was always a struggle for Sorcha to pull herself out of bed mostly because she wouldn't get home till about 3am or later.

Sorcha snuggled into the warm softness of her bed. She let out a sigh and worked on going back to sleep. She knew it was morning from the amount of sunlight that filtered through her windows. Her mind played over the night before and it had been a good night. Full moon celebrations always were. A smile curved about Sorcha's lips as she remembered Calleach and how easy he had accepted what they did.

The smell of something cooking woke Sorcha up later. She glanced at the clock and saw that it was half past ten. Sorcha looked about her room sleepily before she threw the covers off and climbed out of bed. Sorcha didn't remember changing into one of her lace night gowns, but she'd done that before. Voices drifted up the stairs as Sorcha made her way towards the kitchen. She paused in the hallway and tried to make her hair a little bit more manageable before she stepped into the kitchen.

The sight she saw was one that shocked her. Calleach stood in nothing, but his jeans cooking breakfast listening to the radio. Sorcha leaned against the kitchen doorway watching him. Sorcha had thought him handsome before, but now he was just, wow. He was the epitome of sexy with his low slung jeans, bare feet, no shirt, and messy hair. Sorcha wasn't sure how long she stared at him till she finally managed to speak.