Part 35

Several months later the Nelson clan's bank accounts were drained and they were effectively penniless. A sympathy card arrived in the mail with no return addressed and writing in a bold script with only four words written in black ink. You Lose and Ghost Protocol. Interpol was given the card. A news conference was given stating that a new hacker group was now on the move. All wealthy individuals were recommended to get a security system put in place with strong firewalls so that they would not suffer the same fate that befell the Nelson clan.

A few weeks after the news conference a day of fun and games was thrown at the O'Brien family seat which was located an hour's drive from Moray Firth. O'Brien's from the world over came to visit as well as the Hughes family which came from Wales. Hundreds of people were gathered. Food was in abundance and drink never ran out. A variety of new and old games were played. The O'Brien land was filled with laughter and happiness.

For the first time since the fifteenth century, no one was after the O'Brien family fortune. It was a heady feeling and one that they hoped would last for a long time. The feelings of happiness and joy were infectious to be around. The future looked very bright.

Sorcha was thinking of how bright the future looked when one of the young children ran up to her. Sorcha leaned down to speak to them. They gave her a kiss and shoved something in her hands before they dashed away laughing with their peers who had followed them. Sorcha looked after them laughing before she looked to the piece of paper they had shoved into her hands.

Intrigue beat at Sorcha as she opened the paper and read Calleach's flowing script. 'A surprise awaits you at the highest point.'

Sorcha looked around for the highest point. Her gaze was drawn to the hill where an old well was in ruins. She took her time walking to the well. Calleach had been acting odd the past few days. Sorcha wondered if it had to do with this surprise. Her mind mulled over what the surprise could be. She had told Calleach the other day how she wanted to own one of the beautiful highland ponies that she had remembered riding as a small child.

Calleach stood on the other side of the hill a few feet away from the well. He looked handsome in his family tartan. A smile crossed his face as Sorcha came up over the hill. Sorcha walked the few feet down to him. She held up the piece of paper between two papers and raised an eyebrow at him.

"I hope to be surprised."

Calleach chuckled sexily. "Close yer eyes."

Sorcha dutifully did as Calleach asked. She felt him approach and wave his hand in front of her face. Sorcha giggled as he blindfolded her.

"Don't want you peeking."

Sorcha giggled harder. Calleach took her by the hands and began leading her downhill. Sorcha didn't fear falling beacuase she trusted Calleach. The sounds of revelry faded as Calleach led her who knows where. After several minutes of being led around by Calleach they stopped walking. He dropped Sorcha's hands and moved around behind him. His hands settled on her shoulders as he directed her to the side before his hands disappeared.

Sorcha's fingers played with waist band of her tartan skirt. The wind blew gently causing her skirt to move around her knees. Birds sang overhead and Sorcha could hear something moving in front of her. Excitement beat at Sorcha as she struggled not to peek.

"You can open your eyes now."

Sorcha pulled off the blindfold and blinked in the bright light. The hillside below her was filled with both their families. They were beaming up at her. Sorcha's eyes gravitated to where Calleach rested on one knee. He looked up at her as if she was the very reason why the sun and moon rose and set. Butterflies began fluttering crazily in Sorcha's stomach as Calleach held up a beautiful ring that he clutched between the thumb and forefinger of his right hand.

"I have waited for the perfect time to ask ye a very important question my love. I held off as long as I dared and hoped that ye would wait for me." Calleach reached forward and took hold of Sorcha's left hand so that he could slide the ring onto her ring finger. "Will ye be my bonnie bride?"

Sorcha looked down at the gorgeous ring. It was old and had the look of being a family heirloom. She was taken with the shine of the silver and piece of jade in the center. Her gaze flew to Calleach's. Calleach watched her with all the patience of a saint.

Sorcha had to swallow twice before she could speak. "Yes."

The hillside below them erupted in cheers as Calleach surged to his feet and kissed her. Sorcha wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him back. Calleach spun her around in a circle before he set her gently down on her feet. Calleach motioned to where Charles and Isolde were approaching leading a beautiful highland pony.

"I also got you that."

Sorcha laughed and kissed Calleach again. She grabbed him by the hand and went to go and pet the beautiful pony. Charles and Isolde hugged Sorcha. A long ling grew as family and friends new and old, drew forth to congratulate the happy couple.

Sorcha wrapped her arms around Calleach and held him close. Sorcha raised her face to Calleach. His beautiful eyes gazed tenderly down at her.

"I love you Calleach."

Calleach's face softened as he bent to kiss her tenderly. "I love you too."

"I have a secret to tell you."

"Oh."

Sorcha reached for one of Calleach's hands and pressed it against her stomach. "We will being having a new arrival in turning up in about six months."

A confused look crossed Calleach's face. He looked down at their hands on Sorcha's stomach. Calleach's mouth opened on a gasp as comprehension dawned. A look of wonder crossed his face as he dropped to his knees and pressed his face against Sorcha's stomach. Sorcha stroked Calleach's hair as she passed a serene smile to where Charles and Isolde stood frowning. Ella whispered a soft confession to them. Isolde's hands flew to her mouth as tears shimmered in her eyes. Charles gave her a beaming smile.

Calleach suddenly stood up and kissed Sorcha as if she meant the world to him. Sorcha kissed him back. She had never thought that this would have been possible when she first laid eyes on him. The future was going to be bright and filled with love and happiness. Sorcha couldn't wait to see what would happen next.