Part 24

"It's good to see you again Bradley." Calleach began as he shook his cousin's hand. "I'm sorry that it's under such circumstances."

Bradley laughed good naturedly as he shook Calleach's hand. "There's no other way better. I like it when the family calls me under circumstances like these. It gets me away from Interpol."

"I'd like you to meet my girlfriend, Sorcha McAllister."

"It's a pleasure to meet you," Sorcha said as she shook hands with Bradley.

"The pleasures all mine," Bradley said as he studied her. "Are you by chance related to the McAllister's down south?"

Sorcha gave Bradley a smile. "I'm their American cousin."

"Ah," Bradley said as he raised an eyebrow at Calleach. "Do you have a sister I could apply my charms to?"

Sorcha's smile widened as Calleach snorted. "I'll introduce you to my sister Ella at the evening meal."

"Good." Bradley seemed pleased. "Now, tell me what's going on?"

An hour later Calleach and Bradley were going over the papers in Sorcha's office. Sorcha sat in the ledge that resulted from the deeply recessed window in her office. Calleach and Bradley stood with heads together going over one of the receipts with Sean Brookshire's signature. Sorcha couldn't help but notice how cute Bradley was. His skin was a few shades darker than Calleach's which made sense since Bradley had been down in Greece for the past few months. Midnight black hair curled in an attractive cut around Bradley's angular face framing chiseled cheeks and a strong jaw. Grey eyes were expressive as he spoke to Calleach.

Bradley wasn't the type of man Ella usually gravitated towards, but there was something in Bradley that reminded Sorcha of Calleach. Ella had commented that she'd go after Calleach if he wasn't already in love with Sorcha. Sorcha hoped that Bradley would capture Ella's attention. Ella had been very morose lately. She wanted a serious relationship, but all of the en she'd seen so far just wanted to dally in bed with her.

"Are there any more receipts with Mr. Brookshire's signature on them Sorcha?"

Sorcha turned from watching the ocean at Bradley's voice. "I think so. Let me did through several drawers." Sorcha hopped off of the window ledge and moved over to the filing cabinets and began searching for the receipts she knew were in there. Ten minues later and Sorcha had pulled out a handful of receipts.

Bradley shifted through the receipts. "These are all very random. What does Sean do exactly?"

Calleach rubbed at his forehead as if he had a headache. "Aunt Clara hired him ten years ago to help him to be her assistant. She was so busy with her textile business that she needed an extra pair of hands to run errands for her."

"I wonder why Aunt Clara hired him. Did she do a background check on him?"

"That I cannot answer," Calleach said as he pulled out his phone. "Let me ask."

"Does Aunt Clara even know how to use a cel phone," Bradley asked with a raised eyebrow.

Calleach laughed. "Sean made sure to show her how."

"Of course he did," Bradley mumbled as he sat the receipts down. He turned towards Sorcha with a smile. "So tell me about this sister of yours."

Sorcha smoothed back some of her flyaway's and shrugged. "Ella is blonde with a pair of baby blue eyes. She's into designer items and is currently working with your relatives that deal with artwork. Ella is a few years younger than me, but she's a lot prettier than I am. Ella is unconfident about herself, but that is from our childhood."

"Ella is a piece of work." Calleach looked up from his phone. "Don't blame her though. Like Sorcha said, 'it's from her childhood.' Give Ella a chance though. She's really a fun girl. You just have to get to know her."

A grin spread across Bradley's face. "Sounds like a challenge." Bradley cast Calleach a smile. "And you know how I like challenges."

Calleach snorted as his phone went off. "Aunt Clara said that she checked him out like she does all of the people who work for her." Calleach looked up at Bradley. "She wants to know why."

Bradley shrugged causing Calleach to look at Sorcha. "Tell her that I noticed something wrong with the receipts and that we're looking into it."

The smile Calleach sent Sorcha was filled with relief. He tapped out a response and tossed his phone aside. "I could use a drink."

"Me too," Bradley said without looking up from what he was looking at.

"I'll go and get us some drinks then. Tea?"

Calleach and Bradley both nodded. Sorcha shook her head as she left her office. She might as well see what kind of food she can bring up for them to eat. An idea suddenly struck Sorcha. She'd grab Ella and together they both could carry stuff up to her office. Sorcha smiled as she pulled out her phone to text Ella. She had a surprise in for Ella and that surprise was Bradley.