Part 32

After Bradley and Ella had left, Sorcha returned home. Calleach went back to brooding and Sorcha let him be. She had plenty of work to do. Her cousins as well as Beau, Bishop, and Barron were working hard on keeping Calleach's mind preoccupied. The one area where Sorcha focused all of her attention on Calleach was in the bedroom. Sorcha hoped that by showing Calleach how much she loved him, he would relax and not worry so much.

Not only did Sorcha have to worry about Calleach, but the rest of his family was suffering. Sean had been pilfering money from multiple accounts over the past ten years. The dollar amount just kept getting higher. It rocked the family and Sorcha was afraid that they would topple over.

Night had fallen several hours ago. Sorcha was still sitting at her desk poring over papers. Her stomach growled, but Sorcha ignored it. Food could wait and so could sleep though Sorcha desperately needed both. A yawn was stifled behind Sorcha's hand as she rubbed sleep from her eyes. She sat straight and rolled her shoulders trying to release the tension there.

Unbeknownst to Sorcha, Calleach stood in the doorway watching her. He had gone in search of her when he didn't find her waiting in bed. It was past midnight and Calleach felt bad. He knew that Sorcha worried about him and the family. Sorcha was trying to do everything she could to keep his family together including spending long hours at work.

Love blossomed in Calleach's chest as he looked at her. Once this mess was over with, Calleach planned to propose to Sorcha. He already had the ring. It was an old family heirloom that was a plain silver band with a single tear drop shaped piece of jade in the center. The ring had belonged to a distant relative of his that had belonged in that branch of the family for generations. He had found it while going through some of Cal's belongings.

"It's late Sorcha." Calleach's voice came from the door. "You should be in bed."

Sorcha shot straight up in her chair wide awake. She turned sideways and draped an arm over the back of her chair. Calleach stood in the doorway. His shaggy hair was mussed up and he was in need of a shave, but Sorcha's mouth watered at the way that his kilt rode low on his hips and the way that the light played across his bare torso.

"I know Calleach, but I've been so caught up in the mess that we're in." Sorcha turned back to her desk as she shifted through a pile of papers. "The dollar amount is getting higher Calleach. This has been going on for at least ten years, but it's gotten worse in the past two."

Calleach's hand all of a sudden appeared on Sorcha's, stilling her rustling. Sorcha blinked at Calleach as he squatted down in front of her. He traced the dark circles under her eyes before he leaned forward and planted a kiss on each eyelid.

"You are going to catch a cold if you continue working as much as you do."

Sorcha gave Calleach a tired smile as she traced one of Calleach's nipples with her free hand. "I worry about you Calleach. This is your livelihood."

"We can rebuild. I would rather give up all of my wealth than lose you. Let the triplets do their job."

"Okay." Sorcha pouted as she freed her captive hand.

Calleach ran the pad of his thumb over Sorcha's pout before he stood pulling her to her feet. "Come to bed with me Sorcha. Your body soothes me more than discovering how deep Sean's treachery goes."

Sorcha perked up as she shut off the light on her desk and followed Calleach out of her study. "I do."

A deep sigh fled from Calleach's lungs in a puff of air. "You do. Have I been such an ass lately that I have taken you for granted? If I have, then forgive me. Cal's death and then this has shaken me, but it's not an excuse. I did not mean to make you feel inferior and unloved."

The stones of the passageway were cool beneath Sorcha's bare feet, but she reveled in the crispness tonight. It helped wake her up and process the words Calleach spoke to her. Calleach led her down to the kitchen and pulled a carton of strawberries from the fridge and a pitcher of water. Sorcha grabbed two glaases om the cupboard.

Calleach led the way back to their rooms. Sorcha shut the door behind them. As Calleach opened up the strawberries, Sorcha poured them water. Calleach held a strawberry out for Sorcha. She gave him a saucy look before she bit slowly into the strawberry. Calleach kissed her before he fed her another one.

"Shall I eat lay these out as a buffet with your body serving as the table?"

Sorcha's mouth went dry as she nodded excitedly. "Yes please."

"Then get naked woman." Calleach growled as he spanked her on the butt.

Sorcha started giggling as she striped out of her clothes. Her tiredness was forgotten as she lay down. The strawberries were cold against her skin as Calleach laid them in a straight line from her throat to the junction of her legs. Calleach stood back and admired his work.

Sorcha licked her lips as she watched Calleach slowly undress. Tonight was going to be a pleasure filled night. If anyone dared wake them up early tomorrow, Sorcha was going to have their balls on a platter.