Part 31

"Wake up Ella. We're here."

Ella woke up to Bradley shaking her shoulder. A nondescript house sat before them one in the Santa Fe style that is popular in the southern United States. Native plants made up the landscape as well as some river rocks. Scotland's national flag of blue and white fluttered in the breeze above a flag that bore the O'Brien family crest.

"They sure are proud of their heritage." Ella commented.

Bradley studied the flags. "The O'Brien family is spread out over the world, but their loyalties still lie with Scotland."

Ella followed Bradley up to the door. She waited with arms crossed as she studied the neighborhood they were in behind her Oakley's. The click of a lock caused Ella to look at the door just as it swung open. A lanky young man dressed in a t-shirt and boxers stood in the doorway with a mop of long curly blonde hair that framed a boyish face. Intelligent brown eyes were set beneath eyebrows that were a shade darker than the curly hair on the man's head. The man had a cleft chin, thin lips, a broad nose, and strong cheekbones went well with the man's square face. A five o'clock shadow was evident about the man's chin as he smiled at them.

"It's been a long time since we've last seen you Longshanks."

Bradley laughed as he shook the man's hand. "I never understood why that name stuck."

"The blonde man shrugged. Mother always said it was because of how tall you were for your age. You towered above us."

Bradley snorted as he observed his cousin. "That might have been true at one point Jax, but not anymore."

Jax gave Ella a curious look. "Care to introduce me to this lovely young lady."

"Jax this is my girlfriend Ella. Ella this is my annoying cousin Jax."

"It's nice to meet you."

"You too," Jax said as he shook Ella's hand. He turned and waved for them to follow him inside. "The other two are busy sleeping."

"At this hour."

Jax just shrugged as he led them into the kitchen where a half eaten turkey sandwich lay.

"The triplets like to stay up late at night programming. It's not unusual for them to be still sleeping at this hour. You can always find one awake eating."

"Hey," Jax said at the hidden innuendo in Bradley's words.

Bradley grinned at Jax. "How long have the others been asleep?"

Jax frowned as he took a drink of his milk. His gaze studied the clock that sat haphazardly on top of the fridge. The hands were barely moving signifying that the batteries were running low. Jax looked expectantly at his cousin.

"Can you help a man out?"

The sigh Bradley gave as he looked at his watch said that he had done this quite often. "It's 11:30."

"We finally called it a night sometime after seven."

"I need you to wake them up."

Jax put down his sandwich and glared at Bradley. "We answer to no one. You know that."

"I do." Bradley conceded. "But I think the three of you will enjoy what I propose to you."

"Oh?" Interest was thick in Jax's voice.

"Go and wake your brothers."

Jax gave Bradley a long look before he left the kitchen. He made no sound as he left which gave Ella the shivers.